Close Encounters of the Set Kind...

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:44 pm
Or....Post Traumatic Set Disorder.

Reading along a thread awhile back, and new guy tin sword arthur was putting forth with his opinion....Set stepped right up and welcomed him by informing him his thoughts were complete drivil...

tin sword hung in, good man, but it started me wondering....

Now, I know there are a couple of perfect people here like Montana and..... well Montana who have never this warm and fuzzy initiation.

well, one must separate the wheat from the chaff somehow.

I remember my first (and thankfully only, my momma didn't raise no fool) close encounter...it was over some complete dingbat who said she was hearing sounds of hell coming out of her toilet or something.

Would anyone else care to share the first time they were lashed to the wheel?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,907 • Replies: 104
No top replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:49 pm
can't remember chai but I'm sure it's happened more then once, in fact maybe that's why I can't remember cos it happens all the time Laughing
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:55 pm
farmerman put me solidly in my place once on an evolution thread, but as i was kinda talking out of my a**, it wasn't a big tragedy
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 06:17 pm
I can think of a few. lol.

Osso put me in my place once or twice. I recall I made a horrible, insensitive comment (rant, bitter lecture) regarding weight. I never apologized or wrote back - but it inspired the healthy amount of shame in me to think twice next time. I admired her for calling me to bat. So - Osso - if you see this, I'm sorry and thank you for that.

Timber took me down a notch once too, I think I was talking about abortion or some other controversial thing. He brought me back to reality. Thanks Timber.

I think the callings out I've had were with good reason. The ones that weren't: I forgot. :wink:
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 08:50 pm
Anyone who specializes in personal attacks loses all credibility.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:06 pm
Help me out on the subject matter here - we're relating times we've been put in our place by the A2K "heavyweights" for which we're contritely thankful?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:10 pm
Aww, I thought I was going to be hitched to the stake over posting a picture of my son and a dead deer.

I left A2K for awhile...because it really hurt my feelings at some of the remarks.....

I feel that we are free to think, to do, and be who we are. We are all entitled to our own opinions.. Whether we each agree with what the other one does or not....but we don't have to bash someone over it.

I hunt and fish...so what? Some people don't believe in God, but I don't go around bashing them....why bash me over a dead deer?

So...I let it go....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:12 pm
I've been "set back" a cuppla times by a particular idiot from the A2K gun lobby. His stupidity knocked the wind out of me so much that I decided to give the place a rest.

There's no interacting with such mindless drongoes!

I saw the Tin-??? whatever interaction with Setanta and thought they both handled themselves very well.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:15 pm
LOL, that why I do not visit ANY Religion Threads!

I was being hammered for believing in God, and would leave there seething.

Some things are best left alone...........
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:16 pm
MMS33 Your son can pop deer in my garden any time.

Are we just talking A2K or the whole world?- On the first day of class I misunderstood what my ninth grade science teacher was asking and I gave a wrong answer. He actually asked me if I was "retarded". I was so hurt that I never spoke in his class again.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:22 pm
Hi GW...just talking A2K.....I posted a deer hunting thread......and the picture of the deer. Well, it drew some pm's...and even though it was stated nicely, I was basically told that I was going to be burned at the stake. Which lead to me getting hot under the collar about it.

This forum is and does provide freedom of speech, but when you have people pm'ing you telling you that you shouldn't have posted something...thats just not right!

I do have to say...that I feel that it was done out of the kindness of their heart, if that makes any sense. It was to keep me from having my feelings hurt, but it ended with them being hurt anyway.....
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:24 pm
Quote:
He actually asked me if I was "retarded". I was so hurt that I never spoke in his class again.

That was WRONG on his part. What one statement made by a teacher can do to a student....he should have kept his mouth shut.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:31 pm
I have the hide of an elephant
The courage of a lion
The heart of a sperm whale
The spirit of an eagle

I stand my ground, I know my terms, I do not abide by personal attacks!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:49 pm
When I was a newbie, Frank Apisa lured me into a discussion about my faith by pretending to be honestly interested in my opinion...then once I opened up, he pounced on me with teeth and claws bared.

Took me a couple of years to find out this was his standard MO. I was assured by others I trust that he's really a teddy bear and I should just laugh it off.

Since then, however, I have avoided the Spirituality & Religion threads entirely. And I'm not interested in speaking to Mr. Apisa again, either.

Pissed me off royally. It was arrogant and disingenuous. I don't tolerate that very well.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 09:51 pm
Hey, Who you callin perfect? Laughing

My feelings use to get hurt quite easily and I would do the same as MMS (hi MMS :-)) and leave for a while, but then my skin got tougher as time went along.
I let so much more just roll off my back as I get older and I continue to remind myself that when someone picks on me, they're obviously the ones who have a problem.

Eventually, some of them even grow to like me, but of course they'll never admit it Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:05 pm
You should all know I am just full of it and post both forthrightly and emotionally, and then tend to come back with layers of explication.

I don't mind that anyone makes fun of my emotionality, or efforts at intellectuality, as long as they don't come off as King or Queen of the hill, which, rather naturally I don't believe.

I thrive, though, on the colloquy (okay, find me another word) that happens by chance here on a2k. Love the mix.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:40 pm
Eva wrote:
When I was a newbie, Frank Apisa lured me into a discussion about my faith by pretending to be honestly interested in my opinion...then once I opened up, he pounced on me with teeth and claws bared.

Took me a couple of years to find out this was his standard MO. I was assured by others I trust that he's really a teddy bear and I should just laugh it off.

Since then, however, I have avoided the Spirituality & Religion threads entirely. And I'm not interested in speaking to Mr. Apisa again, either.

Pissed me off royally. It was arrogant and disingenuous. I don't tolerate that very well.

You ain't alone with the sentiments about that particular bottomless ego pit, and there are a coupla others, too.

(since no one wanted to help me with context, I just used my own - it looks like a "gripes and comments about past treatment on A2K" thread)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:07 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Hi GW...just talking A2K.....I posted a deer hunting thread......and the picture of the deer. Well, it drew some pm's...and even though it was stated nicely, I was basically told that I was going to be burned at the stake. Which lead to me getting hot under the collar about it.

This forum is and does provide freedom of speech, but when you have people pm'ing you telling you that you shouldn't have posted something...thats just not right!

I do have to say...that I feel that it was done out of the kindness of their heart, if that makes any sense. It was to keep me from having my feelings hurt, but it ended with them being hurt anyway.....

Oh, man! You can't believe how sorry I am for that. I wanted to give you fair warning. I wondered lately why you hadn't been around, and it turns out I had run you off. I apologize; what more can I do?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:20 pm
snood wrote:
Eva wrote:

You ain't alone with the sentiments about that particular bottomless ego pit, and there are a coupla others, too.

(since no one wanted to help me with context, I just used my own - it looks like a "gripes and comments about past treatment on A2K" thread)

Yah, well, I don't agree with Frank either, as he keeps defining me and a few others wrongly. I like him as a guy though. Not that I think he might even begin to notice or like me. So, I wish him well and let it go. Some new yorkers and new jerseyers are very interesting, and I have followed them for a couple of years. But they aren't interested in me at all. except for the few that are. So,

I relate to those who are interested in me at all, and suggest you all do the same.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 11:48 pm
I've got some harsh (but mostly well-meant) responses - but I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't want to hear what I'd like to hear ..whether it's harsh or well-put, i'll take the forthright answer anyday...

I was hurt when boomer (I think it was her) once mentioned in some other thread that she got a headache whenever she read my "My husband loves me but he's abusive" thread...I was terribly hurt. But I realized that the title was naiiive...and it's an oxymoron really - I realized she was quite right in what she said.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Close Encounters of the Set Kind...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/28/2024 at 07:02:05