[answered] What's up with the quote function?

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 10:39 am
She quacked, quivering, after quaffing, that quotes qualified.

I thought I'd miss the Quick Reply but don't at all.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 11:36 am
The problem I had with the Quick Reply was especially due to not being able to edit after someone else has posted. I would rather go over what I typed according to my present time allowances and minimize mistakes in meaning, grammar, typos and spelling. Some still slip through as I'm posting at a time when I don't have much time -- I do have a life! Laughing
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:30 pm
(not buying it LW -- Quick Reply had a Preview button as well...)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:34 pm
Region Philbis wrote:

Yeah, what RP said.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:37 pm
(of course, now there's no way to prove that it really did have one...)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:38 pm
They don't know that Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:39 pm
It used to not have one, then it did, she said.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:31 pm
Region Philbis wrote:

Where did that go? It went to the page with the full reply features with a preview at the top. I seldom use the preview, but like to be able to add emoticons, URL's and Images, check spelling and alter the type face. I find the tiny box difficult to type into unless it's a one-liner. This is probably moot as Craven is working on bringing it back without any gliches.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:35 pm
i got into the habit of typing a Quick Reply, then hitting Preview...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:37 pm
Region Philbis wrote:

I did so since my first days here as well.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 04:50 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Region Philbis wrote:

I did so since my first days here as well.

I still will use it if it's going to be short and sweet, but will go to the reply screen before posting since the edit anytime feature was switched off.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 07:45 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Were you coiffured and quaffing while you quothed?

Nope.

I can't believe the care you folk put into your posts!

I type as I think 'em, and that's it. I suppose it shows, eh?

Also...how does a quote function that has worked perfectly well for years suddenly go postal on the site? It's the same bloody code, right? Why does it suddenly create havoc?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:48 pm
dlowan wrote:

Also...how does a quote function that has worked perfectly well for years suddenly go postal on the site? It's the same bloody code, right? Why does it suddenly create havoc?

It's not the same code, the code on this site requires frequent maintenance and updates. In the last few days hundreds of lines of code have changed.

As per usual, this bug was introduced during a change to improve security. phpBB introduced the bug accidentally by missing a line in their code and it should be fixed now (though posts during the period in which it didn't work will remain that way unless edited).
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:51 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
dlowan wrote:

It's not the same code, the code on this site requires frequent maintenance and updates. In the last few days hundreds of lines of code have changed.

As per usual, this bug was introduced during a change to improve security. phpBB introduced the bug accidentally by missing a line in their code and it should be fixed now (though posts during the period in which it didn't work will remain that way unless edited).

Oh, thanks. That is interesting to know. Such a lot of background work as there is.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.31 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:15:08