futile

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:03 pm
well din't know were to post this but it's weird, lately I regret being such a rebellious teenager and worrying about all the crap that goes with being a teenager and not studying harder and achieving more, I feel like i could have been a lot futher a long now in my life if i had worried about real things as oppose to who's the coolest. i don't know I mean i did pretty well at school but I know i could have done better because I didn't try and i still did wellish. I spent most of gr9 and 10 on the soccer fields smoking pot. But it I suppose it's futile this regret. i always thought I would never regret these things and I am.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,377 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Wy

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:32 pm
It is difficult to see the larger picture when you are a teen. I think what you're saying could be echoed, in some sense, by everyone over thirty... "Youth is wasted on the young" is a very old statement.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:34 pm
Tagged--

Remember, your life isn't over yet. A few detours don't bar you from ever getting to your destination.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 03:37 pm
Sometimes a young person needs to make a few wrong turns before he/she goes on the right path. In the process, the person learns, through trial and error, to appreciate what is important in life.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 04:28 pm
tagged,
It's taken me well into the 20's to come to that realization. You're doing just fine!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 04:52 pm
My dad had a term for that sort of regret. He called it "growing up".

Better to realize what "could be" now and work towards getting there than to be oblivious for another 10 or 15 years. Wink
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:51 pm
Um....whatsamatter, tagged? Did you get bad news from the Apple store or something?
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 02:47 am
no not bad news... good news eva. just well just feel like could have been done more. i think i'm becoming obsessive.

Oh yeah and thatnks for the insight guys at least i know I'm not insane and perhaps just growing up. sigh
0 Replies

Pinky hiba

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 11:41 am
Look don't stop no matter what it is...
The earth is a stage,where the human being appears
he plays his roll and then dies...so Go on coz no matter what happened life Goes on u must accept it as it is so my best wishes smile 4 life...life smiles 4 u Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 12:42 pm
Quote:
...no, not bad news... good news eva. just well just feel like could have been done more. i think i'm becoming obsessive.

If you are skimping on living in the pleasant and preparing for the future, then worrying about your past has become obsessive.

If not....don't worry.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:54 pm
thanks Noddy. for the encouraging words. I feel a little less crazy.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 01:55 pm
oh and thanks too pinky...

Just wish i could've achieved more sooner sometimes bt then again I suppose that's life.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 02:20 pm
tagged, It is said that "regret is a wasted emotion". Your pot smoking days on the soccer field could be a blessing in disguise. Some kids don't expireance "partying" intill later in life and it ends up costing them a lot more because they go apesh!t and it happens in a time of their life they have more responsibilities of adult life.

If their is ever a time and a place to smoke pot its when your young with friends on a soccer field. Some of the best times of my life have been when I was stoned, broke and with my freinds. How else can one find out how many grapes you can fit in your mouth? Now if you were spending all your money on 100$ 8ths of cronic and had a two foot bong on your coffe table that would be somthing else.

p.s. Don't smoke crack.
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:42 pm
very very true amigo I'm glad to say i don't own a two foot bong. Yeah i had some great times getting drunk smoking pot thinking I was very cool hanging out in the best udrground clubs in jo'burg when i was 15 and everyone else was 25. Strange what you think is cool when you 15.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 09:15 pm
So, where were your parents during all of this?
0 Replies

Pinky hiba

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:22 am
For nothin tagged_lyricist
so GooO on and my BEST BEST BEST wishes Smile lots of kisses
:d
0 Replies

tagged lyricist

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:39 am
whatcha mean where my parents?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 11:32 pm
tagged_lyricist wrote:
whatcha mean where my parents?

Well, I mean, you were hanging out with a bunch of twenty-somethings, getting high and all; where were your parents during all of this? What did they have to say about it all? What did they do about it?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 06:58 am
Amigo wrote:
tagged, It is said that "regret is a wasted emotion". Your pot smoking days on the soccer field could be a blessing in disguise. Some kids don't expireance "partying" intill later in life and it ends up costing them a lot more because they go apesh!t and it happens in a time of their life they have more responsibilities of adult life.

I agree, better off having it in your past than in your future.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 07:12 am
If there is any advice I can give you, it would be that you should never regret anything you do. The past is the past and it belongs there. It makes you who you are and who you will become. It shapes your decisions for the future. A smart person (which I think you are) understands that mistakes are not inevitable. And that they are valuable. We should thank our mistakes because you don't learn a thing from success. You learn from failure, which then drives you on to success.

You are so young and these feelings of angst are totally normal. You are trying to find your place in this world and in this life and no where seems to fit. You will come into yourself before you know it.

It took me well into my 20s before I really started feeling like I'd found my place in life. 25 or 26. I wouldn't worry about it. As Amigo said, regret is in face a wasted emotion. You will spend your time regretting the past and before you know it you are regretting all that regretting you did.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » futile
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:33:17