Online Education

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:48 pm
Quote:
Oh, that's good to know and something I'll be looking for. Anything I can access by computer is a plus because I'll be working and you really have to travel to get these things in my little boonies.

There might be some similar site like this one where you can even look through various libraries ... and then order books from all over the world via your local library.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:27 am
Thanks you guys :-D
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:20 pm
Keep up informed of your progress.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 04:37 pm
Walter Wrote:
Quote:

I mean, when leaving a course at university, you just can ask the prof "What do you think of ...." and she/he will give you somehow an answer.
Online, you have to email or to phone or drive there or ...

Who needs a professor when you have A2K? Very Happy
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 05:31 pm
Right!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:48 pm
Sublime
Well, of course, but I think it's better to cover all the bases ;-) Laughing
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:35 pm
Depends what you are going into. If you need preparatory or make-up courses the government provides free adult education for various high school level courses such as accounting. After that go to the college or university of your choice.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 10:51 am
I'll have to do some research on what's available here for me in Canada. I know there's more of these kinds of funds available here than there are in the states these days, so it's worth looking into.
It'll be a while yet before I can jump in, so it's nice to have this time to gather all the info I can :-)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 03:04 pm
Just make sure, you're getting into the right field, Montana

Quote:
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"

The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"

The graduate with a management degree asks, "How much will it cost?"

The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:03 pm
The fields that are hot today, maybe ice-cold in the very near future.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 04:12 pm
Montana, honey. I really am not certain about online degrees, but you must decide what you want to do that will be challenging as well as lucrative. Miller is right. Hot today--cold tomorrow.

C.J. that was hilarious. Frankly, I lucked in to my MA.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 10:55 pm
Of course you are all correct re looking for what you want/need your degree.

I got my later just for fun. (And so I didn't get the German MA in history since we had to pay [now] in our state [and the only distant university is situated here] for getting a second degree [I've got two already ... for free :wink: ]. And so I thought, I could spend the same amount of money for a degree from a foreign univerity [Open University].)

But that has been just for studying for the reson of studying a certain subject.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2006 11:04 pm
I know I sure have a lot of thinking to do Confused
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:14 am
That's for sure!

But be sure you're clear before you jump in...are you wanting Education or Job Training? There is a big difference.

If it's job training you're looking for, you might want to expand your choices to tech schools and the like.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 08:44 am
I'm truly lost at the moment. I'd like to continue to go the path I planned, but it's getting harder to do when the constant rising gas and oil prices keep dipping into all the money I keep saving.
If I could land the job I want where my son works, it'll save me $100 a week in gas and they have all the benefits I need to be secure, but they haven't called me yet, so it looks like I may have to head back to the lobster shop. <sigh>

I'm at one of those times in my life where I have no cluse as to what to do with it Confused
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 09:29 am
I know how it feels. I'm sorta there myself.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 12:19 pm
It's an awful feeling and I'm not enjoying one bit of it.

My current job is causing me medical problems, the gas prices are causing me financial problems, menopause is creeping up fast and I just want to cry.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 01:37 pm
Remember, that education is for life, while job training may be for the here and now.

Surprised
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 02:09 pm
I know, but I'm 42 years old and I don't know if it's even worth it at this point.

I would truly like to keep working in the blue collar jobs, as I seem to fit in better with the people and I like to work a good hard day, come home and drop on my bed. I know it sounds crazy, but it keeps me in shape and healthier all the way around.
Thing is that when I moved up here from the states, I sold my Taxi business and when I started working here, I was starting from scratch and scratch truly sucks, but it's better than the constant headaches of running a business. It is for me anyway.

What got me thinking about school again this time is only because I'm being smothered by gas and oil prices, but maybe I can find ways to do something about that and just keep on truckin as I as.
I have no intentions of staying in the job I'm in now because this particular job is not good for my health, but if I could get into the company I applied for last week, I'd save a truck load of money in gas to get to work, I'd have nice benefits and there's room for advancement in the company, so this would work for me. If I can't get in there, I'm back to square one because there's no other companies like this in my area and that would run me right back into the gas problem situation.

I'm so lost right now <sigh>
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2006 03:59 pm
You're in a rather remote area, aren't you, M? Job opportunities are limited outside cities. I truly hope things come through for you at your son's company, but if not...well...maybe you'll need to move after all. I remember you've talked about it. I know you'd rather not, but it might be the solution after all.

I really don't like the idea of you going back to the lobster factory. It's not good for you. And I only want good things for you, sis. (((HUGS)))
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Online Education
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:59:18