CD you want, but haven't bought yet.

sublime1

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:38 pm
I have been looking into some early Chicago blues, Sunnyland Slim, Junior Wells, etc.

I also see what Djjd, jp, hingehead, and panzade are talking about. You guys have introduced me to some music I never would have known of otherwise.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 07:52 pm
Next on my list is a Wes Montgomery compilation - just not sure which one is definitive - I'll gladly accept recommendations....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:11 pm
farmerman wrote:
Y'ah mon.
Red Red Wine be me favorite all time song

I'm only familiar with a little Raggae music, but I like what I've heard, so now I'm going in search of some to add to my collection :-D

Stay tuned for my thoughts.
0 Replies

music-lover

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 12:57 pm
None, I download the songs/cd's i want Razz
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 01:01 pm
Just got me an iPod so never will I have to buy a cd again! Very Happy

What music do I want that I don't have yet?

Hm. Good question...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:13 pm
Next on my list (please feel free to buy any of these for me!) is the Sector 27 album, which was originally the name of the band (the album being self-titled) but is now generally considered to be a Tom Robinson Band album.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:44 pm
very hard to find tom robinson music in my experience, had an old cassette that died and nearly devastated me

have you ever heard of a canadian band called the pukka orchestra, they do a great version of robinson's atmospheric's (listen to the radio)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 05:57 pm
Going to an Oliver Schroer performance tomorrow night.

Taking cash so I can buy Camino and 02. I've been waiting for this oportunity for a while.

http://www.oliverschroer.com/
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:42 pm
Hi djjd - never heard a cover of Atmospherics, though I do know that Peter Gabriel was a collaborator on the original (which comes as know surprise if you know the track). I've got a couple of Tom's bits and pieces (and I bought the 7" of Atmospherics - you should hear the two b-side tracks!) and I've got Sector 27, Cabaret 79 and North by North West on tape from a friend who was a big fan, now I'm tracking them down so I can own them. Also had a tape of Hope And Glory which died - probably that was album I'd pick to lose if I had to.

It's weird to think Tom was famous for 'Sing if you're glad to be gay' and now has a wife and kid. Weirder still that I had so much of his stuff and I'm straight.

Next on my list is: Colleen Hewett's version of 'Prepare ye the way of the lord' from Godspell (I think). She was a pop chick that I wasn't the least bit interested in but (bizarrely) Double J played it one sunny morning (not the typical thing they would play) and the vocal pyrotechnics got to me - probably with the aid of some leftover chemical enhancement. Haven't heard it since so I hope I still like it.
0 Replies

catie likes muffins

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2006 03:47 am
I'd really like to get "Swinging for Fences" by Gordon Goodwin's "Big Phat Band" as our jazz band is playing one of their tunes.
0 Replies

Shazzer

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:04 pm
Both Sides of the Gun- Ben Harper. . .

I've also been toying with the idea of getting Songs from the South-Paul Kelly. I love that song 'To Her Door'.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 9 May, 2006 03:18 am
If you don't have any Paul Kelly get it Shazzer, you can't go wrong.

Next on my list is Jimmy and the Boys first album 'I'm not like everybody else'. Puerile, high school, smut rock, almost the Tubes with no class. Almost impossible to find anymore. Gotta get it!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:40 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Going to an Oliver Schroer performance tomorrow night.

Taking cash so I can buy Camino and 02. I've been waiting for this oportunity for a while.

http://www.oliverschroer.com/

Rest in peace, Oliver.

It was an honour to have been in your audience.

I wish you peace.
0 Replies