Bookmarks in Firefox 1.5.0.2

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 05:55 am
I'm having difficulties organising the bookmarks in Firefox. They're all over the place and I'd like to reorganise them so they're actually in alphabetical order. However, they refuse to reorganise themselves.

Can anybody help me please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 720 • Replies: 3
No top replies

herberts

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 05:25 pm
Hi Wolf.

Click 'Bookmarks' - 'Manage Bookmarks'. Now place cursor over an entry beginning with 'A'. Leftclick mouse and hold-down. Now slowly drag cursor to top of page (you'll see a little square frame attached to your cursor as you drag it up there). When it's at the top of the page, release the mouse and wait. It will take a few seconds before the webpage item will appear where you have 'dropped' it.

That's it. Just keep moving them up like that alphabetically.

Another method is to export your entire list of Firefox bookmarks into your Internet Explorer browser in 'Favourites'. When they arrive there they are automatically arranged into alphabetical order (which is why I never use the IE browser).

Once transferred into the IE's Favourites - you only need to transfer the list back again into Firefox bookmarks for them all to have been automatically arranged in alphabetical order for you.

Good luck.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 08:20 am
Wow, I completely forgot I posted here about this problem. Sorry. Embarrassed

Anyway, that technique worked very well. Thanks, a lot herberts! Your help was very much appreciated.
0 Replies

herberts

Reply Sat 13 May, 2006 08:03 pm
Yeah, right.
0 Replies