A "Get The Smegging Wabbit" Digression: or Bunny Fights Back

dyslexia

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:19 pm
lobos e coyotes abound in colorado (puma are here too)
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:24 pm
I see, let nature take it's course. Poor bunnies...............
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 10:10 pm
I, she said with dignity, am actually a BUNNY - not a wabbit, as such. I am 5' 6', walk upright, and am generally possessed of an air of quiet competence and humour that inspires confidence and respect.

However, to speak for my cousins, the Wabbits - the coney ar ea humble folk, yet they have managed on several occasions to bring agriculture here nearly to its knees.

They have been battled with all the armoury of humanity - from steel traps to mutated germs - and still they thrive.

When the last trump blows, I believe there will be wabbits to turn their long, furry ears to the sound, and thump their hind feet to spread the word.

Not to mention flashing their white puff tails at doom....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 10:11 pm
Can one say the same with such confidence of a certain featherless biped?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:09 am
I don't know, certain featherless bi-peds are pretty resilient.........I'm sure I can find some excellent examples if I think about it long enough. But being a BUNNY, as differenciated from a Wabbit, you will recognize that you're a featherless bi-ped yourself. soooo............. there!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:13 am
And besides, can you image how many little baby wabbits mommy wabbits have to have to keep enough food around for all the coyotes? God, a mommy wabbit could go nuts and all that foot thumping will simply be a symptom of wabbitsquaphnia.........a truly horrible desease affecting senile and insane wabbits.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 12:18 am
dammit...I hoped nobody would realise that I am, myself, a featherless biped - but, mine is a high and lonely destiny - I straddle two worlds - destined never to reside wholly in one or the other...dramatic, tortured, sigh....

I shall loftily ignore the wabbit canards...
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 05:55 am
If I had a choice between being a wabbit or a bunny, it sounds as if wabbits are the stronger of the two. Great survival value, as well as great eating in the pot. Now, bunnies sound like they would be rather tough and stringy.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 05:59 am
If you ordered wabbit in a restaurant and got a hare in it, would you send it back?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:03 am
No - I should consider myself blessed...
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:09 am
I ordered a salad roll at the steelworks canteen and got hair in it. Short black curly hairs!!!! I did send it back.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:14 am
Short, curly hairs are another matter altogether.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:33 am
They are indeed!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:37 am
Well, now that I know the distinction, how's that Bunny costume fitting these days? I didn't even know you knew Hugh Hefner....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:42 am
I AM NOT THAT SORT OF BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!

NUCLEAR GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:44 am
You and smegging Craven - haven't you ever seen "Harvey" - with JIMMY STEWART!!! Would JIMMY STEWART have THAT sort of Bunny as a close companion? WOULD he?????!!!!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:46 am
Never saw Harvey, but I did see Donnie Darko....more evil rabbits in that one...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 06:55 am
Donnie Darko?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:06 am
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0246578/

I have an odd fascination for this movie...lots going on there...good 80's music soundtrack too...opens with 'Killing Moon' by Echo and the Bunnymen Laughing An inspired choice, methinks.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:30 am
Something is teasing my memory about "Donnie Darko" - I think it harks back to an older book - on the tip of my brain - YES! I have it! "Butterflies Are Free" - a seventies film about a dippy blonde (Goldie Hawn) who meets a young, blind, man - seeking independence from the care of his mother - who writes books about a little, blind, boy called "Little Donnie Dark" to encourage him. One of those finding yourself through.... films.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 12:24:50