Good browser toolbars.

hiama

Reply Fri 9 May, 2003 02:14 am
Excellent Craven, thanks a lot. I particularly like Kartoo, it seems to work like a mind map using Flash 6 quite groovy Very Happy
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 08:23 pm
Google's latest toolbar is in experimental statges but I am currently using it and it looks good.

What's new:

Popup blocking and a "blog button" enabling you to post to your blogger.com blog from your toolbar.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2003 01:21 am
Cheers I'll give it a go
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 12:18 am
Google Toolbar v2.0's popup blocker is great! Works a lot better than Alexa's, or pop-up stopper which is a freeware prog I'm using.

Here're a couple more good toolbars..

Groowe Search Toolbar:

http://www.groowe.com/images/sshot.gif

Use Groowe to search and browse Google, Yahoo, Teoma, Altavista, Ask Jeeves, MSN and other search engines. Groowe Search Toolbar is customized for each search engine included in the list so with each engine you will be able to perform any searches that engine supports, for example image search, audio search, video search etc. It also allows you to browse site's categories or directories with unique listings for each engine.

-------------------

Dictionary.com toolbar:

http://dictionary.reference.com/tools/toolbar/graphics/toolbar.gif

Google's toolbar already has functions to search dictionary.com, but if you prefer it in a separate toolbar try it out.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 07:03 am
groew-vy Very Happy
0 Replies

USAFHokie

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 11:00 am
i just found this new browser front-end for IE... it's faster than IE, has built in pop-up supression as well as tabbed browsing and all that... it's also FREE. it's called SlimBrowser. it's a 1.09MB download from www.browsers.com i suggest downloading it.
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 05:51 pm
thanks for this info, Craven - have you ever used the EarthLink toolbar and what is your opinion on it?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2004 06:56 pm
jasmine_mirage wrote:
have you ever used the EarthLink toolbar

Yes

Quote:
and what is your opinion on it?

An unspectacular toolbar that is a perfunctory effort from an ISP just because it's good business practice to release one if you are an ISP.

Attempts to capitalize on the fear of spyware and scams but doesn't really do very well to protect against it so it is a false sense of security.
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2004 12:44 am
Thought so, Craven - appreciate the feedback!
0 Replies