Former teacher pleads guilty to faking cancer and receiving

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 03:50 pm
First, a sextuplet hoax, and now a cancer one? What's up with that?

Former teacher pleads guilty to faking cancer and receiving donations

NEW BEDFORD A former Massachusetts special education teacher has admitted faking cancer and collecting more than 30-thousand dollars in donations.

Heather Faria was working at a high school in southeastern Massachusetts. She told colleagues in 2003 that she had stomach cancer and couldn't afford to pay for both expensive medical treatments and food.

Parents, teachers and other members of the school community raised 30-thousand dollars in donations.

Faria pleaded guilty to six charges yesterday -- including five counts of larceny over 250 dollars and one count of gross fraud.

She resigned her teaching position last year.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 344 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 04:45 pm
By the way, I am starting the edgarblythe foundation for the tragically poor. The first donor with a $5,000 check gets a big kiss, or at least hand shake, as may be most appropriate.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 04:58 pm
You'd think that for 5 thousand you'd at least autograph a book for them or something edgar.

I had my pen and checkbook out.....

.... but you blew it baby.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 05:13 pm
Aw, sh-t. Well, back to the drawing board.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 06:05 pm
You can say **** here Edgar. I am also collecting donations just in case I get cancer someday. If I start collecting now then I won't have to worry about it if the time comes.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:49 pm
hahaha, You know, Edgar, I'm giving serious consideration to that rickshaw business proposal that you had for us. Might be a little hard on the legs as we age though.

BUT, if we put our heads together, I'm sure we can come up with something else as good. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Apr, 2006 09:53 pm
How about ebay? You make whatever it is and we sell it?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 12:53 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
How about ebay? You make whatever it is and we sell it?

Hmm, naw. I'd prefer a service over making stuff.

And ebay? I know nothing about them.

Say, why don't we rent out our foreheads for advertising? It's been done successfully before. Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 01:13 pm
Seriously, I would think it a great idea if we were in the same city. - The service idea, that is.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 02:51 pm
Could we tell fortunes instead? Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Former teacher pleads guilty to faking cancer and receiving
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:31:42