Pa. Judge Won't Let 'God' Sign License

Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 11:47 am
Pa. Judge Won't Let 'God' Sign License

READING, Pa. (AP) - Regardless of how he had signed a stack of other documents, from bank records to income tax returns, a judge rejected a man's request to be allowed to legally sign his driver's license as "God."

Berks County Senior Judge Forrest G. Schaeffer ruled Thursday that the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation could require the man to sign his given name, Paul S. Sewell, and said documents he had signed in the past didn't prove differently.

"The so-called name you want to apply is rather a series of scribbled marks and don't establish any name at all," Schaeffer said. Sewell, 40, said he would appeal.

Sewell said he is a self-employed bond enforcement agent and began using the signature because fugitives always prefaced their comments with, "Oh, God," when he captured them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 409 • Replies: 8
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:03 pm
Well, when you are being silly, you've got expect to be treated accordingly.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:20 pm
"Am not!"

"Am, too!"

"Am not!"

"Am, too!"

"Am not!"

"Am, too!"

"Am not!"

"Am, too!"

Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:21 pm
I don't care what the guy calls himself, but -
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:35 pm
O'Sullivan knew in his heart he was divine. He hadn't done any miracles as yet, but his heart and soul felt huge. There was a sense of some destiny, some mission, about him. It was undeniable. And, every single time he walked into the Donahue's Lounge, the bartender would yell

"Christ!, you again?"

Joe(If I say yes, is there a free drink?)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:55 pm
Bloom. Are you the Messiah?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 04:04 am
We all are, Buddy, we all are.

Joe(thanks, and a tip of the hat to J. D. Salinger)Nation
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 05:40 am
I only accept the role if I don't have to get crucified.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 10:34 am
Why doesn't the guy just legally change his name to God and tell the judge to kiss his patootie....?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Pa. Judge Won't Let 'God' Sign License
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 10:38:05