Email Address not Verified. a little help please

nick17

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 05:12 am
My li'l brother just got a new msn account, but he cant get a proper name on it. it just calls him (Email Address Not Verified)

What does this mean please, and how can he "verify" it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,396 • Replies: 2
No top replies

piv

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:21 am
msn email address verification
This error happens when the email address in your .net passport has not been confirmed to belong to you. Maybe you ignored the email they send out with a link to verify your email address? This is, unfortunately, not easy to fix (there appears to be no easy way to get that email resent), but there is a way to sort it out:

The basic strategy we will follow is based on the observation that if we change the .NET Passport's primary email address, we get resent the confirmation email. So, if you change the primary email address to something else, then change it back, you will be given the opportunity to verify your email address again.

There's a caveat, however. Doing this may mess up MSN contacts in your contact list (though I didn't have any trouble), so make a backup copy of your contactlist.xml file first.

Then go to www.passport.net and log in with the passport you use for MSN Messenger.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:53 am
thanks piv and welcome to A2K!
0 Replies