Appropriate Times to Telephone

Chumly

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 07:19 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
I know a guy who NEVER answers his phone directly. He always lets the calls go to voice mail, and then decides if he wants to call back.
This is myself, it is pleasant.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 08:58 pm
That works fine unless you work from a home office. Because of my business, I can't ignore calls, no matter when they come in. I do have "Privacy Manager" that lets me screen calls, and I do check Caller ID before I pick up, though.

It's easier for hubby. Once he leaves his office, he has the luxury of ignoring the phone completely if he likes.

Sometimes "working from home" is more like "living at the office."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 10:24 pm
Not too early and not too late, and by all means never during meal times. Wink
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 01:29 am
Does your schedule preclude phone sex too?

Remember, simply because I may prostitute my art, it does not make me a cheap whore.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:51 am
Chumly wrote:

Remember, simply because I may prostitute my art, it does not make me a cheap whore.

What you said reminds me of an old story. A man and a woman are talking. The man says, "Would you sleep with me for one million dollars?"
She answers in the affirmative. He then asks, "Would you sleep with me for ten dollars?"

She pulls back, very indignantly, "What do you think I am?" she says. He replies, "I already know what you are. We are just negotiating the price". Laughing
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:17 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Chumly wrote:

What you said reminds me of an old story. A man and a woman are talking. The man says, "Would you sleep with me for one million dollars?"
She answers in the affirmative. He then asks, "Would you sleep with me for ten dollars?"

She pulls back, very indignantly, "What do you think I am?" she says. He replies, "I already know what you are. We are just negotiating the price". Laughing

and THAT reminds me of another....

A man was down to his last 50 cents, wandering the streets.

He saw a "bookkeepr wanted" outside a whore house. Now, even though he had no formal education, he was smart, and had always been good with numbers, so he figured, "what the heck" and knocked on the door.

The madame came to the door and he asked about the job. She asked him about his education, and he replied truthfully "I've never been to school...I can't read or write, but I'm good with numbers."

The madame said "sorry, I just can't hire you."

Discouraged, the man walked on down the street, realizing he was getting hungry. He saw a fruit stand just closing up, and decided to buy an apple with his last 50 cents. He bought one, and the shop keeper closed up and went home.

Our friend is standing in front of the store with his apple, when someone else approaches and gets upset the fruit stand is closed. He notices the man has an apple, and offers him a dollar for it, which he of course accepts.

This gives him a great idea, he starts buying fruit and selling them at a higher price elsewhere. One thing leads to another, and 20 years from that day, he is the owner of the largest fruit emporium chain in the country and worth millions.

One of the newer attorneys at the law firm he used came to his office one day, and asked him to read over and sign some paperwork.... The man said "well, I would, but I can't read and I can't write"

The young attorney said "Oh my God, you've made millions without reading or writing....can you just imagine where you'd be if you could?"

"Yeah, I'd be a bookkeeper at a whorehouse."
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:32 am
Chai- Love it! Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 10:53 am
Chai
That was awesome :-D
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 04:28:35