Harry Potter thought

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 11:29 am
Re-reading the HP books I was struck again by the seemingly casual throwaway references which turn out to be pivotal.

Like - the vanishing cabinet which Nearly-Headless Nick had Peeves smash in one book and which then turned up in a later book with the Weasley twins stuffing a Slitheryn into it. In the last book it's an absolutely vital part of the plot, and again the reference is casually slipped in, when Harry goes to hide his Potions textbook in the Room of Requirement. And all the time that's what Draco was trying to repair so that Death Eaters could get into the Castle!

Sneaky!!

What others can you find?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 851 • Replies: 4
No top replies

happytaffy

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 03:49 pm
kind of OT- but why am i the only person in the world who just can't get into the Harry Potter season.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 05:01 pm
Harry Potter thought
Lots of people don't care for HP. You're still human. (But you're missing a lot ... )

Sad Sad Sad
0 Replies

Lucien

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 07:37 pm
You know, the whole Harry Potter scandal pisses me off, and I'll tell you why. Everybody says that HP is childish. But if people would actually read the books, it would become clear that it is one of the most well-written, intricate book series out there, especially considering that it was originally intended for an audience of 12-15 year olds. I've read all six books so far, and I am anxiously awaiting the seventh.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Tue 11 Apr, 2006 08:12 pm
Right on!
0 Replies