Google Denied?

Pitter

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 12:08 pm
This is crazy! First I'm denied the New York Times website and now goolge too. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Pitter/Desoto/google.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 915 • Replies: 12
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 12:30 pm
Yep, I have an idea.

Do a spyware scan. I bet that's the problem.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
I was wondering about that but I've had a spyware blocking progam for quite a while and a new scan turned up nothing as did a scan with Norton Antivirus. If it's spyware it''s gone into deep cover.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:18 pm
Are you googling at work?

Your company may have blocked access during certain times based on your screenshot.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 07:53 pm
No this is my home computer and here's an update. After updating my Norton virus protection Google is back but the NYTs is still frozen out.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 03:10 am
That screen shot really, really looks like you're logged into a corporate network.
You're not VPNing from home are you ?
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 09:45 am
I repeat it's my home computer. I don't know what VPNing is so couldn't tell you wether I am or not. My internet service comes to a receiving antenna on my house from a tower on a nearby mountaintop. The company is sidecom.com.co
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:43 pm
The screenshot is what is making us think you are somehow on a corporate network.

Your address of 192.168.x.xxx is pretty standard for networking. The message for google that says target class = warez looks like a classification that someone like corporate IT has given to google. Then the "authorized time frames" point to it being blocked during certain times.

I would contact support at your internet service provider and make sure they aren't blocking it. If it is a small provider doing wifi they could have restrictions. If the screen is not from them then it would probably mean adware of some kind is redirecting you.

You could try a workaround. Find a proxy server to use to get to NYTimes.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
I'd like to see you do a right mouse click on the blue screen and or chart and tell use what the properties are
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 07:15 pm
Husker I did as you suggested and the only thing of interest was "not encrypted".
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 05:13 am
Get hold of your ISP and ask them for advice.
It doesn't look good.
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 01:23 pm
What do you mean it doesn't look good? And incidently google is coming up "access denied" again. Result of worm or virus?
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 1 Apr, 2006 06:16 am
It doesn't look good because it shouldn't be happening.
You're not on a corporate network that might block it at certain times of the day and you're not VPNing into your corporate network from home.
It shouldn't be happening.
Unless there is something your ISP is doing to block access to websites at certain times of the day.
They should not do that unless you have an amaaaazingly bad contract with them.
They may have provided you with a CD that you install when you sign up for their service which has subsequently gone bananas or allowed your machine to become infected with some software that is blocking your access to websites.

It doesn't look malicious to me however.
It looks, absolutely looks, to me like you're being blocked by legitimate control/access software on a corporate or otherwise server.
There are the time slots during which it is available, the look of it, the description of why you are blocked, the IP etc... etc...

Have a word with your ISP and find out what's going on.
0 Replies