Lion, Dog Become Pals At Zoo

Reyn

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 10:25 am
Lion, Dog Become Pals At Zoo
Lioness Abandoned As Cub

JINJOO, South Korea -- A female lion that was abandoned as a cub and a dog have become good friends at a South Korean zoo.

The lioness is named "Soonee," which means "tame" in Korean.

Her friend is a South Korea Jindo dog called "Tang-Chil," after a popular cartoon character.

After she was abandoned by her mother, Soonee was lonely, but rejected all male lions.

Then Tang-Chil came along. After letting the dog live near Soonee's cage for a month, zookeepers let him enter the cage under supervision.

The two animals became friends, and now they look after each other, zookeepers said.

http://images.ibsys.com/2006/0321/8165035_400X300.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,165 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 10:41 am
The problem will come when Soonee decides to play with Tang-Chil like she is another tiger. Tigers play rough and one good natured swipe of her mighty paw will shred the unsuspecting Tang-Chil.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 10:56 am
Green Witch wrote:
The problem will come when Soonee decides to play with Tang-Chil like she is another tiger. Tigers play rough and one good natured swipe of her mighty paw will shred the unsuspecting Tang-Chil.

Hell yes. I was talking to someone who worked for an organization who helped raise Lions let loose in Mexico, he was telling me by the time they're 6 months old, they could rip you open with one swipe. Said you can't truly domesticate them, but can play with them up to a certain point, where it's just too dangerous. If that lion gets hungry, or cuts the dog and smells blood, it's over.

I hope they get it on video.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 10:58 am
I went to the zoological gardens in Soeul in 1971--it was filthy and depressing. I sure hope they've cleaned it up.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Lion, Dog Become Pals At Zoo
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 06:18:47