62-Year-Old Grandmother Tackles Robbery Suspect

Reyn

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:22 am
62-Year-Old Grandmother Tackles Robbery Suspect
Woman Is State Bodybuilding Champion

TITUSVILLE, Fla. -- Police say three robbers were armed and dangerous, but a 5-foot-1-inch grandmother-to-be was tougher.

Iris Davis, 62, of Cocoa, tackled one of three fleeing robbery suspects after a chase and crash in Canaveral Groves on Wednesday.

Davis is a state champion bodybuilder.

"I love to work out. I love the way it makes me feel," Davis said. "I was born to compete."

Three robbery suspects led police on a 75-mph chase that ended in a crash in front of the business Davis manages.

"I just couldn't let the guy get away," she said.

The robbery suspect was no match for Davis and her muscles. The two-time state champion tackled the man, completely ripping his shirt off.

The save earned Davis handshakes from Cocoa police officers.

"This is what gives me confidence," Davis said, flexing her muscles.

Davis said she works out at Parrish Health and Fitness Center several times a week. She said she's in the best shape of her life and has no plans to stop competing.

http://images.ibsys.com/2006/0316/8068571_480X360.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 737 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:32 am
Yeah!

That's what I keep saying about the whole "men are stronger than women" thing -- on average, sure, but that doesn't mean individual women aren't stronger than individual men...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 03:01 pm
Right on gramma!
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 04:36 am
Oh this is just too cool.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 62-Year-Old Grandmother Tackles Robbery Suspect
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 06:17:10