Thank you, you just made my day!

Linkat

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:11 pm
Last night I stopped by the local liquor store to pick up some wine. As I put my two bottles on the counter, the woman at the register looked at me and then looked at me again. She then asked for my ID. I smiled ear to ear. Certainly I said as I handed my license over. This liquor store does not card everyone (my husband has never been carded and he is younger than me and I have seen most people not get carded). There policy as posted is if you are under 30, you get carded. I am 43! She made my day!

What small thing has some one done to make your day!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 510 • Replies: 12
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:31 pm
Laughing - last time anybody asked to see my license, the first thing she said was, "Sir, do you know why I stopped you?"
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:52 pm
ah, the question to which there is no good answer...
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:22 pm
Heh, Quinn and I went out to eat last Saturday. We ordered drinks and the waitress carded her. While she was digging for her ID the waitress glanced over at me and said "I don't need to see your's.". Gee thanks! lol
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:28 pm
I haven't been carded since I was 25.

Sad
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:14 pm
Move here, to the Bible Belt.

They card you even if you've got a hunch back, a colostomy bag, AND an oxygen tank, and a t-shirt that says, "Lordy, lordy, look who's 140!"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:13 pm
I was carded just this last week. Ahem. I am 64. It cracked me up. I suppose it is some rule at that particular store that they card every one who buys wine or booze. I'll have to ask about it next time I go there. This last time I was too busy laughing.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:14 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Laughing - last time anybody asked to see my license, the first thing she said was, "Sir, do you know why I stopped you?"

Me too!! Crying or Very sad

Anon
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 09:19 pm
I was carded just last year for buying ciggarette papers and it made my day too.

I'm 42 :-D
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 06:38 am
Montana - you and I should go out together - seems like we are too young chicks!

fishin - that story is funny reminds me of one that happened similar. Several years ago, I go out with a neighbor of mine - we both had babies a few months before and needed a girls night out. We went to have a few appertizers and drinks. See was about 4 or 5 years younger than me. The bartender comes over and asks me for my license. He then looks at my neighbor and says "Oh I don't need yours." Nice.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 06:41 am
I was carded buying beer on my fiftieth birthday. made me feel all warm and fuzzy.....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 09:40 am
Linkat wrote:
Montana - you and I should go out together - seems like we are too young chicks!

I'm ready :-D

<Montana takes out her dancing shoes>
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 10:02 am
Well done Linkat, bet you felt reeeeal good.

I was ID'd when I went to buy some drink a couple of years back.You have to be 18 over here to buy it.

I was 28 years old.
The one and only time ive been ID'd.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Thank you, you just made my day!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 01:17:21