Turkey Smashes Window of Couple Viewing TV

Reyn

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:14 am
Turkey Smashes Window of Couple Viewing TV

JAMES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Gerald and Maureen Henze were watching some afternoon TV in their home when all of a sudden everything changed. After a loud bang, Maureen was showered by shards of glass, and Gerald and their dog were chasing a turkey down the hall.

"Something just exploded," Gerald Henze told The Saginaw News.

He turned and saw a turkey walking down the hallway. Maureen Henze, who was sitting in a recliner, was injured by flying glass after the turkey crashed through the picture window of their James Township home.

"The glass flew straight at her," the couple's youngest daughter, Judy Carleton, said of Tuesday's events. "She's really lucky it wasn't her face or anything."

Maureen Henze sought treatment at Covenant Medical Center for minor injuries to her legs and feet and returned home that evening, said Carleton, of Lima, Ohio. Gerald Henze suffered small abrasions on his hands.

The couple's dog, Donny, jumped up from a slumber and chased the intruder into a back bedroom. Gerald Henze trapped the bird in the guest room until county sheriff's deputies arrived.

"I was right behind it and got a handful of tail feathers before it ran into the bedroom," Gerald Henze said.

Deputy Kirt Shields released the uninjured turkey, but not before receiving some minor scratches.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,514 • Replies: 24
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 10:16 am
Police are on the lookout for Les Nessman.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:09 pm
I would have added cranberry and made Thaksgiving dinner out of that turkey.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:11 pm
Is this a true story, Reyn, or just a load of gobblegobbledygook?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:14 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Police are on the lookout for Les Nessman.

Nice one . . . many may not trip to the reference . . .

Oh, the humanity . . .
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
Poor thing must have been scared to death :-(
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 04:34 pm
I've just had a quiet google, and feel much better for it...

http://www.balloonlife.com/publications/balloon_life/9801/9901/nessman.htm
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:03 pm
Re: Turkey Smashes Window of Couple Viewing TV
Reyn wrote:
"I was right behind it and got a handful of tail feathers before it ran into the bedroom," Gerald Henze said.

Let me see your tail feathers....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:05 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WKRP

Quote:
The best-known episode is the first season's "Turkeys Away", named by TV Guide as one of the greatest episodes in TV history. It relates a disastrous Thanksgiving promotion, which includes Carlson dropping live turkeys out of a helicopter. The scene is reported live on the air by the station's news director, Les Nessman (Richard Sanders), breathlessly describing the unseen birds plummeting to the ground, in the same manner as Herbert Morrison's coverage of the Hindenburg disaster, "It's a helicopter, and it's coming this way. It's flying something behind it, I can't quite make it out, it's a large banner and it says, uh - Happy... Thaaaaanksss... giving! ... From ... W ... K ... R... P!! No parachutes yet. Can't be skydivers... I can't tell just yet what they are, but - Oh my God, Johnny, they're turkeys!! Johnny, can you get this? Oh, they're plunging to the earth right in front of our eyes! One just went through the windshield of a parked car! Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenberg tragedy has there been anything like this!"

Afterwards, the stunned and bedraggled Carlson explains, "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Apparently my joke should have read, "Police are on the lookout for Arthur Carlson."
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:26 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Is this a true story, Reyn, or just a load of gobblegobbledygook?

Well of course it's true! You doubt me, or my integrity? Shocked
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:31 pm
Montana wrote:
Poor thing must have been scared to death :-(

Um...Montana...IT'S A FRICKING TURKEY!!!
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:04 pm
A seagull came through the windshield of my plane at 5000 feet. Talk about blood and feathers!!!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:27 pm
WKRP in Cincinnati.

Olen, where in the world have you been?

Sorry, Reyn. Just seems like old times. <smile>
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:36 pm
Letty, I think Olen has been busy plucking seagull feathers out of his hair. Good to see you Olen and Letty!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:44 pm
Heh! Heh! Hey, Nick and Olen.

" I swear I thought that turkeys could fly."

Well, I just put the song of WKRP in the WA2K radio thread.

Artist: (Theme by T Wells and H Wilson) Lyrics
Song: WKRP in Cincinnati Lyrics

Baby, if you've ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP.

Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile.

I'm at WKRP in Cincinnati..
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:46 pm
I managed to bag a wild turkey while doing some hiking along the Appalachian trail in '82. The thing was tough and gamey but I was so hungry it was the best turkey I ever ate.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 06:51 pm
Just don't drink it Nick. Razz

http://www.redwhiteandrose.com/WineBottleImages/Liquors/WildTurkeyTwice.gif
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:05 pm
The same sort of thing happend yesterday in Norwich Connectict. A women driving a VW Beetle on I395 had a turkey come through her passenger side window and ended up in the passanger seat. The local paper, the Norwich Bulliten interviewed and she was supper PO'ed ,called it a "stupid tuurkey" etc.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:19 pm
The only problem that we have here, Acquiunk, is ospreys dropping fish on the windshield. Not too dangerous, but not too pleasant to smell nor clean off.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 07:31 pm
Half the population in eastern Connecticut seem to drive pickups. If the turkey wanted a ride that badly you would have thought it would have waited for of those and jumped in back.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Turkey Smashes Window of Couple Viewing TV
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:27:24