Which shipping software do you recommend?

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 05:27 pm
I am aware that there is software/hardware available that will weigh packages and calculate shipping costs for USPS, UPS, FedEx so one can directly compare prices and services.

What I've seen is a legal scale connected to a PC which checked the rates by means of on on-screen user interface--very simple--it took just 10 seconds to determine the best way to ship a package.

Once a shipper and service was selected, the computer printed the barcoded label.

What's this software/hardware package called? Do you know more than one? How do I reach the companies?

Thanks,

General
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,335 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 02:52 pm
It's not clear whether you have individual packages in mind, or something appropriate for large companies that send lots of stuff. I tried googling and came up with a couple of places, but they may be suitable only for large companies. I did find one that looked possible, www.zfirm.com. You could try it.
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Thu 16 Mar, 2006 05:10 pm
Yes, individual packages--I sell retail via internet/mail order.

Calculating rates "manually" by looking up UPS, FedEx, USPS on the internet is much too slow and difficult to train numerous employees.

Thanks for your help.

General
0 Replies

biotechguy0331

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 06:43 am
OutBound Shipping
You might want to try OutBound Shipping (Shipping Software) -- They offer customized multi-carrier shipping software for medium to large businesses...
0 Replies