House For Sale; Groom Included

Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:15 pm
House For Sale; Groom Included

GREENSBURG, Pa. -- Mark Miller hopes some female house shopper is looking for a unique feature.

The Pennsylvania man is offering a little something extra with his house -- himself.

His real estate listing touts "Townhouse With Groom."

The Pennsylvania bachelor heads the charity the American Association for Lost Children. He said he's been too busy finding lost kids to find himself a wife.

On the site, he describes his future wife:
My future bride ideally will be between the ages of 35-55, is humble, flexible, well spoken of, is an encourager, has a servant's heart, takes pride in her appearance and one who fears the Lord.

He's been running ads for his two-bedroom townhouse that including a wooden deck, air conditioning and gas log fireplace. Miller said he'll donate to his charity any profit after satisfying the mortgage.

But there is some fine print to Miller's marriage offer. He said any deal is subject to compatibility. The asking price is $95,000.

Miller founded the charity in Houston in 1987, after seeing fliers for missing children. Over the years, he has helped return more than 100 children who were abducted in child custody disputes.

http://images.ibsys.com/2006/0314/7989362_240X180.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 699 • Replies: 15
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:51 pm
Re: House For Sale; Groom Included
Reyn wrote:
On the site, he describes his future wife:
My future bride ideally will be between the ages of 35-55, is humble, flexible, well spoken of, is an encourager, has a servant's heart, takes pride in her appearance and one who fears the Lord.

"Busy" has nothing to do with why this guy hasn't found a wife.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 14 Mar, 2006 03:56 pm
Yeah, no kidding! I think it's those white, silly collars, myself. Who in their right mind would wear a shirt like that? We won't even mention the tie!

Sheesh! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 11:34 am
Re: House For Sale; Groom Included
Reyn wrote:
My future bride [..] is humble, [..] well spoken of, is an encourager, has a servant's heart, takes pride in her appearance and one who fears the Lord.

Jesus. <shivers>

That sounds like from some horrible movie about bad old days, Victorian-era small town reality or something.

Creepy.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 11:37 am
how can people believe that one person in a relationship should be above another like that?
humble servant?
he should pay a maid..
0 Replies

mystery girl

Reply Wed 15 Mar, 2006 12:00 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
how can people believe that one person in a relationship should be above another like that?
humble servant?
he should pay a maid..

I'm guessing he meant a humble heart/servant to God. Perhaps I'm overly optimistic. :-)
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 02:37 pm
Hey, stop critiquing my ad!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 04:59 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
Hey, stop critiquing my ad!

Oh, did you recently move from the east coast?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 05:09 pm
Well, I couldn't seem to find a woman subservient enough back there!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 05:27 pm
Good luck with your west coast search then! :wink:
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 05:53 pm
Ummm.... errr.... if what you said on the Suvivor thread is true..... and ..... er..... if it's you AND your brother..... I.... ummm.... might consider that whole subservient bit.....

Call me?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 08:08 pm
Oh great! Just drag the whole discussion right into the gutter!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 09:49 pm
Oh everyone knows I'm a gutter snipe.

Is this a problem?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Sat 18 Mar, 2006 10:22 pm
Well, no.

Just thought I'd mention it so that I wouldn't get blamed for it!
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 03:35 pm
Reyn wrote:
Yeah, no kidding! I think it's those white, silly collars, myself. Who in their right mind would wear a shirt like that? We won't even mention the tie!

Sheesh! Rolling Eyes

Absolutely! No fashion sense whatsoever, it's shameful. I mean really, that shirt with that tie? And don't get me started on the collar. *sobs*
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 28 Mar, 2006 04:00 pm
You go Eryemil Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » House For Sale; Groom Included
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 08:26:39