Woman Gets Beer From Her Kitchen Faucet

Reyn

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 03:41 pm
Woman Gets Beer From Her Kitchen Faucet

OSLO, Norway (AP) - It almost seemed like a miracle to Haldis Gundersen when she turned on her kitchen faucet this weekend and found the water had turned into beer.

Two flights down, employees and customers at the Big Tower Bar were horrified when water poured out of the beer taps.

By an improbable feat of clumsy plumbing, someone at the bar in Kristiandsund, western Norway, had accidentally hooked the beer hoses to the water pipes for Gundersen's apartment.

"We had settled down for a cozy Saturday evening, had a nice dinner, and I was just going to clean up a little," Gundersen, 50, told The Associated Press by telephone Monday. "I turned on the kitchen faucet and beer came out."

However, Gundersen said the beer was flat and not tempting, even in a country where a half-liter (pint) can cost about 25 kroner ($3.75) in grocery stores.

Per Egil Myrvang, of the local beer distributor, said he helped bartenders reconnect the pipes by telephone.

"The water and beer pipes do touch each other, but you have to be really creative to connect them together," he told local newspapers.

Gundersen joked about having the pub send up free beer for her next party.

"But maybe it would be easier if they just invited me down for a beer," she said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 931 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 05:39 pm
Why would she want to go there when the beer is flat and not tempting?
0 Replies

Olen

Reply Fri 17 Mar, 2006 11:19 am
I don't know of any instances when the wrong material was running through a pipe. I do remember working on a project that involved routing many pipes through a factory. One pipe started at the beginning of the construction, and not being marked as to where it was supposed to be attached in that space, it was continued through the wall and into the next space. That continued until the end of the project six months later. Of course that pipe was protruding through the wall with no place designated for it to be attached. It was traced back to the beginning, and there was a mile of pipe zigzagging through the entire plant, coming from no place and going no place. Both ends were capped and the pipe remains today. It was too expensive to remove it, and no use was found for it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Woman Gets Beer From Her Kitchen Faucet
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:29:23