Nothing in Particular

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 08:44 am
I think Halloween should be returned to its original Druidic intent, replete with human sacrifice etc. Put the " EEEEE!!!" back in Halloween.

(And put the X back in Xmas, too.)
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 09:50 am
MA: I agree!

Do you mean by putting the X back in Xmas that it should be in the past tense or that we should observe the true meaning more?

A good Sunday to you Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 10:06 am
Well - there is an idea! Putting the true meaning back into these things!

I guess the idea of human sacrifice would de-enthuse some participants...
Now! How would we choose the sacrifices?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 10:13 am
If they hate cats. Seems thematic.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 11:40 am
yes - of course - sacrifice the cat-haters!
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 03:35 pm
Uh oh..... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 03:44 pm
Does that mean that we will have a burning pyre of rats and, oh my goodness, even puppy dogs? Sad
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 03:46 pm
Puppy dogs?! No!! Crying or Very sad

Wilso has a rat.....hope he doesn't see this!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 03:53 pm
Aw, Misti. Second only to Norman Rockwell's self-portrait, your current avatar is my favorite.

So go ahead and change so they can all discuss how roger finally lost his last marble.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 03:54 pm
I once "liberated" a rat from my psych. class. They were going to "excess" him at the end of the term, (you know what THAT means Sad )
This rat was my partner. We had worked together on many experiments, and I was not going to allow him to be thrown on the trash heap of existence.

Anyhow, I stole into the psych lab with a shoebox, specially prepared for the occasion. I stealthily put him under my coat, and walked out, unobserved.

I brought him home, and had him as a pet for two years. He was the most adorable rat. I used to walk around the house with him draped around the back of my neck, his tail gracefully twined about the front.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 04:02 pm
Good for you, Phoenix.....poor little rat.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 05:41 pm
Awwwwwwwww Roger, you have such good taste!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 06:17 pm
NOOOOOOOOO - we are not sacrificing animal cat haters for a HUMAN sacrifice! Just the odd egregiously awful cat haters!

I ...sob ....TRIED to rescue my poor lab rat before he went to......wail .....BIOLOGY (he was a Norwegian hooded called - in those dim days of my extreme youth - Frodo) - but the executioner's tumbrils arrived a full hour early and I was too late to see anything but a forest of little whiskery faces and tails heading to their doom.

I am still scarred by the experience.

In fact, I refused to continue with psychology then because in second year we had to torment them with electricity! I couldn't believe it, and, of course, such meaningless torture is banned now.

Poor Frodo and all his little friends........ sigh.....
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2002 07:31 pm
Sniff, sniff.....here, Deb.....sniff.....have a tissue.....sniff, sniff..... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 01:00 am
Thank you Rae! You are very kind.

Actually, I was outraged enough by having to run the poor rats in Skinner boxes anyway. Really - what was supposed to be the point of having students mindlessly repeat experiments performed a million times by other students on poor, hungry rats? Sigh.

Rats be cute - and bright - and interesting! If only they would do something about those TAILS..........
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 08:48 am
Squirrels have taken care of the tail problem, and reap the benefits. (Soft and fluffy seems to go over better than naked and serpentine.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 04:02 am
Yes it does, Sozobe, you are quite right.

Sigh - perhaps that is my problem in life - I seem never really to have mastered cute and fluffy - I am more serpentine (at least in mind) although not naked generally.

Overall, more rat than squirrel.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 06:11 am
Are you naked again, Deb bie?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 06:50 am
Dammit!

How did you know!?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2002 07:02 am
ehBeth- Ya mean nobody told Deb about the Able2Know "hidden camera"! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 01:19:47