Walking on all fours with the ancestors (photo)

Reyn

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 02:53 pm
Walking on all fours with the ancestors

FIVE brothers and sisters who can only walk naturally on all fours are being hailed as a unique insight into human evolution, after being found in a remote corner of rural Turkey.

Scientists believe that the family may provide invaluable information on how Man evolved from a four-legged hominid to develop the ability to walk on two feet more than three million years ago.

A genetic abnormality, which may prevent the siblings, aged 18 to 34, from walking upright, has been identified.

The discovery of the Kurdish family in southern Turkey last July has triggered a fierce debate. Two daughters and a son have only ever walked on two palms and two feet, with their extended legs, while another daughter and son occasionally manage a form of two-footed walking. The five can stand up, but only for a short time, with both knees and head flexed.

http://images.thetimes.co.uk/TGD/picture/0,,275596,00.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 535 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Chai

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 03:14 pm
Ah c'mon Reyn....really?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 03:59 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Ah c'mon Reyn....really?

This is a real, true story.

Here's the SOURCE, so you can check it out for yourself. A source as good as gold from the BBC.

Thought you'd catch me, huh? :wink: I don't make this stuff up.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:15 pm
I used to have to go on all fours round a lady's house picking things up she'd casually thrown on the floor.

There's nothing to it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:17 pm
Your source is not the BBC, Boss, it's The Times (London) . . .
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:24 pm
Well, sorry. I didn't make that up. It was an honest error.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 04:26 pm
No sweat Reyn.It's good story.It isn't that big a deal where it came from.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Walking on all fours with the ancestors (photo)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:33:43