Sword falls from bedroom wall, kills Fla. teen

Reyn

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:19 am
Sword falls from bedroom wall, kills Fla. teen

BRANDON, Fla. - A teenager who kept a 29-inch sword displayed on his bedroom wall has died after the weapon fell and slashed his shoulder and neck, authorities said.

Joshua Hershberger, 15, was in his bedroom with two younger siblings Monday night when a ball they were bouncing knocked the sword off the wall, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said.

The high school sophomore was pronounced dead at a hospital in Brandon, a suburb of Tampa. Police said no charges were expected.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 283 • Replies: 6
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:49 am
Cripes, I know its real but as I was reading it I was thinking CSI:New York.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 10:51 am
Yeah.

I keep thinking about the two younger siblings, who undoubtedly saw it happen.

Awful.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:04 am
Tragic, but I hope that it actually DID just fall off the wall, and it wasn't a case of a silly game that went wrong.

I find it hard to believe that the sword would have a)the correct trajectory, and/or b) the force, to cause a fatal injury.

The lad must have been backed up against the wall and standing directly below at that precise time......hmmmm.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:09 am
What is a real sword doing on the wall in a kids bedroom anyway?

Also, why wasn't it secured down? Was it just hanging there by a thumbtack?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 11:13 am
Those things happen..

In order to avoid such event, I recently checked ( and secured) two Samourai sabers on a wall of one of my relatives house. Had they felt, it could have been tragic.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2006 02:07 pm
Francis wrote:
Those things happen..

In order to avoid such event, I recently checked ( and secured) two Samourai sabers on a wall of one of my relatives house. Had they felt, it could have been tragic.

But were they in a kids bedroom?

I just don't think that it was securely fastened to the wall.....unfortunate lesson for the parents.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sword falls from bedroom wall, kills Fla. teen
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:23:33