Lotto man blows $2.5m - on women

Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:34 am
Lotto man blows $2.5m - on women

A BRITISH man who kept his $2.5 million Lotto win a secret from his wife has blown the fortune on gold-digging women.

David Godward, 47, even continued working at his $500-a-week job in a box factory and living in a $100-a-week council flat in Huddersfield so his estranged wife, Dawn, would not find out about his good fortune.

But he embarked on a frenzy of affairs which cost him most of his millions.

"These women must see me coming," he told his mates.

In one case, the loser gave a dying woman $250,000 after she said she would leave it to him in her will.

He only found out she had died when her solicitor told him to stop paying $2500-a-month into her bank account.

In another case, he took a woman to Florida on an expensive holiday and bought her a $30,000 ring before she did a runner.

"It's hard to find a woman who's not obsessed with the cash," Mr Godward said.

The news isn't all bad for the Lotto loser, who put some money is trust for his two sons, but the bulk of it has flown the coop.

The lovelorn former millionaire's search for romance continues as he spends $750-a-month on internet dating services.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,841 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:41 am
That's sad, really. Whatever happened to good ol' dating? Sure, pay for the dinner, perhaps a movie, but nothing more! I can't say I pitty him for obviously trying far too hard to impress ladies that, it seems, he hardly even knew to begin with.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:42 am
Don't think you've got that headline exactly right, Reyn.

Shouldn't it read:

Women blow $2.5m lotto man.?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:45 am
Sanctuary wrote:
That's sad, really. Whatever happened to good ol' dating? Sure, pay for the dinner, perhaps a movie, but nothing more! I can't say I pitty him for obviously trying far too hard to impress ladies that, it seems, he hardly even knew to begin with.

Yes, indeed he was not thinking clearly at all. He probably didn't know how to handle money, no matter what his situation was.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:46 am
lmur wrote:
Don't think you've got that headline exactly right, Reyn.

Shouldn't it read:

Women blow $2.5m lotto man.?

Yes, that probably has a ring of truth in it as well!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:59 am
I have read studies that show that people who suddenly come into a lot of money, such as winning a lottery, usually end up worse off financially than before they got the money. The problem is that many people do not understand the concept of "making money", and think that cash is something simply to be spent.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 04:13 pm
Test me! Test me! I'd know how to look after it. :wink:
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 06:16 am
This is precisely why I think I am perfectly deserving of, ohhhh say, 5 million or so. I am a great budgeter and spender, and would just love to show people how it's done right Laughing It'd last me the rest of my life.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 07:29 am
Sanctuary wrote:
This is precisely why I think I am perfectly deserving of, ohhhh say, 5 million or so. I am a great budgeter and spender, and would just love to show people how it's done right Laughing It'd last me the rest of my life.

Exactly to what I am referring. You, being thrifty, would find a way to have the money last. But you are still thinking in terms of spending, although at a slower rate than some people might.

Did you ever consider that a large amount of money might be utilized in a way that it would grow, and possibly reap benefits beyond mere consumption?

What about using the money to start a business, that might provide jobs for some people?

Did you ever have an idea for a product or project, or service, that you would have loved to takle, but could not, because the bills had to be paid? Now is the time that you could follow your dream.

Did you ever want to go back to school, and get training for something completely different than what you were doing, but could not, because you couldn't afford it? Now you can.

What about investing the money, and learning how to maximize what you have, so that you might have some money to pass on to your heirs?

What about using the money for your expenses, and taking on a project, (or a job) that you would love, but could never afford to do because of finincial considerations?

See what I mean???
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:37 am
Or, if you're determined to lose it, donate it to some good cause and get a building named after you.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:40 am
buy a Porsche 911
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:43 am
dyslexia wrote:
buy a Porsche 911

But what do you have in 10 years? An old Porshe 911! Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 09:47 am
If I were interested in blowing the money on a car, this would be it:

http://www.maserati.com/jsp/home.jsp?geographicArea=1
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:31 am
Pheonix, I would invest in stocks, in land, maybe valuable objects that I could easily sell for more profit down the road. I would also save, spend wisely etc.

Why don't people like you and me ever win, huh? Just so we can do it right! Laughing
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:33 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
If I were interested in blowing the money on a car, this would be it:

http://www.maserati.com/jsp/home.jsp?geographicArea=1

Yet another way for me to save! I've already got my dream car...

Though having the cash to fix her up properly would be a treat.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:46 am
Actually. my last wo cars have been Honda Accords, and before that, A Toyota Camry. Every once in awhile I have the "itch" to get a Lexus, but I will never do it. Why? I like smaller, easier to maneuver autos, with small turning circles.

If I had to park a big "boat" I (and all the people around me) would be in deep doo-doo! Embarrassed
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 06:59 am
One reason my boss is so rich: He has driven the same Toyota Corolla about as long as I've known him (13 years). He says he has never had to do anything major to it.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2006 07:39 am
For the longest time, we kept our cars for 8-10 years each. It is just for the last few cars, that we have been trading them in while they still had some value.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Lotto man blows $2.5m - on women
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 10:28:31