PDF Files

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 10:58 pm
I tried to buy into Adobe, so I could size my files to smaller pages, but I don't use credit cards, so I couldn't do it. Cute and one other free program sets them 8.5 - 11, and don't allow the resizing I want, as I understand the instructions. Does anybody know how I can get a complete PDF program without a credit card?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,101 • Replies: 12
No top replies

husker

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 10:59 pm
what do you mean sizing? font?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 05:51 am
Cute creates pages that are 8 1/2 by 11. I want them something like 6 by 9, but can't get them.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:01 am
Why don't you go to a store that sells software? You can pay for the program in cash, or wriite a check.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:23 am
Oh. I didn't even think to look there. Thanks, Phoenix and Husker.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:38 am
edgarblythe- Your remark made me chuckle. I am so connected to technology, that I often can't even remember a time when cash was THE accepted form of payment. Sometimes, when I want to pay for a small item with legal tender, I will pass a remark to the clerk, "You still take cash, don't you??? Laughing
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:02 am
I can't stand the extra money it costs to use credit cards. I buy quite a bit with my bank atm card and also use Paypal.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 07:13 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I can't stand the extra money it costs to use credit cards. I buy quite a bit with my bank atm card and also use Paypal.

I have never paid one cent of interest on credit cards, and I use them a lot. I only buy what I need, and pay the balance off every month during the grace period. It is really handy, and the statements give me a record of my purchases.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 06:37 pm
Well, some of us are not that good with their money. If I'm in a tight spot, I don't want the temptation to spend my way out with a credit card, which I know I would do.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 08:03 pm
Before you spend any money take a look at "FinePrint".

When you install the software it sets itself up as a print driver. To convert your files to PDF you just open them and hit the "Print" button and select the FinePrint printer and click "OK". It will create a PDF file (you can select from a dozen or so predefined sizes or you can set any custom size you want!) and you just save the PDF file to your hard drive.

The demo version is free. It will add a link to the company WWW site at the bottom of each PDF page though. Otherwise there are no limitations. I you can tolerate that then why spend money. Wink

http://www.fineprint.com/products/fineprint/index.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 09:10 pm
That one little glitch, their information at the bottom makes it impossible to use. But for that, it sounds wonderful. And, I really don't mind spending the money, but was complaining about them not accepting Paypal or a money order.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 11:11 pm
PrimoPDF is also free and does not have any limitations or watermarks.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 7 Mar, 2006 05:53 am
I downloaded Primo, but couldn't find a way to make the pages the size I want.
0 Replies