Lost Ring Found in Fla. Home 23 Yrs. Later

Reyn

Reply Sun 5 Mar, 2006 07:18 pm
Lost Ring Found in Fla. Home 23 Yrs. Later

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Marlene Kiraly asked her husband to hide the 3 1/2 karat, uninsured diamond ring her mother had given her just before she died 23 years ago. Problem was, he did such a good job no one could remember where it was.

That was until John Kilcooley was renovating a bathroom in his home last month. Tucked away in a bag, behind a light fixture, Kilcooley found a 3 1/2 karat diamond ring.

Instead of keeping it, he tracked down the home's previous owner who sold the house in 2004. His wife called Kiraly and asked if she lost something during the move.

"She started crying and said her mother's ring," John Kilcooley said. "We could have sold the ring, but if I would have lost something or she would have lost something, we'd want somebody to track us down."

The Kiralys unsuccessfully searched the house before they moved and had tried numerous ways to jog their memory.

"I went to a psychic a month ago to find out where the ring is, and she said my husband hid it really well and I would find it," Kiraly, 48, of Lake Worth said.

As a reward, the Kiralys said they would fix the Kilcooleys' hurricane-damaged outdoor screens.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 345 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 6 Mar, 2006 10:46 am
Quote:
"I went to a psychic a month ago to find out where the ring is, and she said my husband hid it really well and I would find it,"

Boy, she's a detailed one.

I'd personally find it heartaching to leave a home where I knew such an heirloom was...

But I assume that's why they offered to fix the screens. Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Lost Ring Found in Fla. Home 23 Yrs. Later
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 02:17:14