Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:37 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,268 • Replies: 7
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:39 am
Oh funny! I just this minute sat down to post this very article.

I'm happy about it. I hope it becomes the first in a wave of similar legislation, rather than something that just drives businesses out of Virginia.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 09:50 am
One to five years for junk email? I'm not a spam-fan, but couldn't a higher court find that to be cruel and unusual?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 12:56 pm
Not just for junk email but by taking very extreme measures to try to get away with very severe spamming.

I know I haven't defined it clearly but this isn't an effort to stop Jow Blow from sending out his invitations to his poetry site. It's an attempt to stop spammers who deal in huge amounts of SPAM and who fake logs, email headers, etc to try to get away with it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:27 pm
I get the point. But, this Q: could the same standard be held for conventional junk-mailers, whose solicitations, though more innocuous, have a far more pernicious effect than the annoyance caused by the electronic version?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 03:56 pm
There are already is a law governing phone solicitations, and a person's right to opt out. I believe the anti-spam law would be along the same lines.

The amount (and content) of some of the spam I get on several accounts is beyond shocking. Beyond that, the fact that the kiddies use the internet (and email) is a good enough reason to do something about spam...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:49 pm
SPAM drives me nuts
I have to clean out at least 40 SPAM hits every day before I can get to the e-mail I want to read. And I block every hit, but they keep coming.

Enough is enough!

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2003 07:55 pm
I abandoned my Yahoo email because Yahoo actively recruits spam email to one's inbox.
0 Replies