SEAGLASS IS 70 TODAY

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:49 am
Happy, Happy, Birthday to my favorite sea of glass, and may you live from here to eternity.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:03 am
Have a wonderful, wonderful birthday, seaglass!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:21 am
Happy birthday, Seaglass. I was just noticing your avatar. Should I assume Merry Andrew helped you pick it out?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:32 am
Seaglass--

You make Geriatric seem glamorous.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:38 am
Re: SEAGLASS IS 70 TODAY
seaglass wrote:
Grab your wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, canes, portable pottys, extra depends, oxegen tanks, insulin, heart pills, inhalers, an ambulance
and break out the bubbly for Seaglass who has successfully survived seven decades of serious cerebratons spanning two centuries.

Laughing

love it.
Great opening!

Have a happy day.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:54 am
Happity Birthday!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 09:39 am
Have a lovely birthday!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:14 am
seaglass
Seaglass, you are still a youngster and I got you beat.

Would you like me to bring some crunchy corn cakes?

How about some of my famous flank steak marinaded over night in soy sauce, lots of garlic and some red wine; broiled and thinly sliced?

How would you like a side of rice with added mushrooms and pistachio nuts garnished with mandarin orange slices?

A white burgundy to wash it down?

BBB
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:32 am
oh my gawd you have a way with words letty, would you like to be my editor? Beautiful.

Thanks Gus, we thought it could double as a tombstone. Just a ripple in the sands of time.

Are you kidding Noddy, I make the centerfold of the geriatric journal regularly.

BBB can I come live with you? "marinaded flank steak, sounds like to die for".
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:39 am
seaglass
seaglass wrote:
BBB can I come live with you? "marinaded flank steak, sounds like to die for".

The garlicky flank steak was my family's favorite. I marinate the steak in a plastic bag; easy to turn it and slosh the marinade around. You can do a short time marinade if you don't like a lot of garlic. I like the over night option so you can smell the garlic for miles. Cats and dogs by the hundreds gather at my door hoping to get a bite. Even the neighbors take notice and take big whiffs.

BBB
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 10:43 am
Thanks to JB, love your avatar, used to grow those things in my front yard in Volcano HI

Shewolfnm thanks for appreciating my sense of humor

And you behave yourself Crazie Lady (smile)

Region sez you are a great cook Jespah, whatcha bringing to the pot luck?

Snood, thanks for helping me stay right size.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:05 pm
seaglass wrote:
What does one take to potluck in OZ?

You mean how does one get by, in the current political climate here, seaglass? (I think that's what you mean. I might be wrong.): Not always easily. One sighs a lot, gets exasperated, tries to block it out for a bit (ha!), attends political rallies a lot, tells one's self that this is but an ugly phase in the turn of the political wheel & that it that will pass eventually (like everything else), gets wildly over-excited by the smallest whiff of change in the wind ...... you know, the usual desperate things. :wink:
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:12 pm
Oh my msolga, I mean food for the party.

Now watch me say something politically incorrect.

Would one take saute of baby kangeroo to a potluck dinner, or would I be stoned? with rocks that is/
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:18 pm
I believe they have a new offering at the Australian McDonalds which are made from baby kangaroo parts.

They are call McRoos or Roo nuggets. Something like that.

Expect to see them in the States some time in the early fall.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:31 pm
seaglass wrote:
Oh my msolga, I mean food for the party.

Now watch me say something politically incorrect.

Would one take saute of baby kangeroo to a potluck dinner, or would I be stoned? with rocks that is/

No, seaglass, probably not sauteed. Roasted would be preferable, I'd think.

(And there I thought you were asking me a deep political question! See, we need translators here! Laughing )
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:32 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I believe they have a new offering at the Australian McDonalds which are made from baby kangaroo parts.

They are call McRoos or Roo nuggets. Something like that.

Expect to see them in the States some time in the early fall.

You don't have them already, Gus?
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:41 pm
Well, as long as there isn't a law against it.

Actually, I never thought about it before but have you ever eaten kangeroo? If so, what does it taste like. I ate a rattlesnake once and have been vemenious erver since.

Merry Andrew has relatives in Australia, some place called Tipperoo (sp) sounds like it might have been settled by the Irish.

Merry throws all his pocket change at the end of the day into this big jug, and when he gets enough money he is going to take a trip to Oz. He said I could come along if i paid my own way.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:46 pm
Happy Birthday, Seaglass.

Setanta made some rather fine Ossi Bucchi - maybe we can tempt you with some for your plate.

Hope the next 70 are even better!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:48 pm
http://mouse.webby.com/imagesa/bdani6.gif

I guess I could bring some humble pie :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 07:53 pm
seaglass wrote:
Well, as long as there isn't a law against it.

Actually, I never thought about it before but have you ever eaten kangeroo? If so, what does it taste like. I ate a rattlesnake once and have been vemenious erver since.

Merry Andrew has relatives in Australia, some place called Tipperoo (sp) sounds like it might have been settled by the Irish.

Merry throws all his pocket change at the end of the day into this big jug, and when he gets enough money he is going to take a trip to Oz. He said I could come along if i paid my own way.

Nah, seaglass, never eaten kangaroo, I confess. (Lots of folk do, though.)This could be partly because I was vego for something like 15 years & still don't eat all that much meat these days ... & also because, I dunno, I'd feel a little odd dining on our national emblem. But that's just me. It doesn't bother heaps of other folk.

Yes, yes! Do come & visit us! Bring Andrew, too! :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 06:54:52