Woman Pleads Guilty in Cheese Hit Man Plot

Reyn

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 04:41 pm
Woman Pleads Guilty in Cheese Hit Man Plot

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - A woman pleaded guilty Monday to attempted murder charges for trying to hire a hit man to rob and kill four men for what she thought was cocaine, but turned out to be cheese.

Jessice Sandy Booth, 18, hatched the plot after she visited the home of the men, and mistook queso fresco - a white, crumbly cheese common in Mexican cuisine.

But the hit man she hired turned out to be an undercover police officer.

"They asked her numerous times 'Do you really want to go through with this?'" prosecutor Paul Hagerman said. "They gave her numerous chances to back out, but she said she was serious. She said she needed the money for modeling school."

Booth pleaded guilty Monday to four counts of attempted first-degree murder and was sentenced to 15 years in prison. She would be eligible for parole after serving 20 percent of her sentence, but it generally isn't granted on first request for violent crimes.

Booth planned to take part in the murders, and went with a police officer to buy a handgun. She told investigators that she planned to make sure all possible witnesses were killed.

"Then they would have been murdered, too," Booth said about children or other bystanders in her statement to investigators. "If they would have been babies they would not have been able to talk and then they would not have been murdered."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 380 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:31 pm
Well, I'd say she's going to have a long time to contemplate just how stupid this was, isn't she? Can't you imagine telling someone in prison you are in there for life for hiring a hit man so you could steal some cheese to sell to make money? Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 10:46 am
I understand they have great modeling classes at the Tenn State Prison..........................
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 11:17 am
rodeman,

I absolutely cracked up when I read this. I am not sure you meant it the same way as when it crossed my mind, but well, it works for me!!!!!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Woman Pleads Guilty in Cheese Hit Man Plot
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:31:00