Thanks for having me

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 11:01 am
I won't be forgetting some of you

Since Angelique left, I've not felt so good about this place
It's safe enough here in original writing, but there's a feeling about A2K that's getting me down out there. Too much spite, hate and venom (especially from the rightwing/ Christian element).
You try to reason with these people andÂ…
KA-BAM
sideswiped

I didn't do a lot of school - so I find it hard to express how I feel out there (on the boards) without people sneering at my naivety. Thing is, I get the feeling that some of them are so thick skinned and lacking imagination that even if I managed to explain things well, they'd just laugh at my ideals. Sometimes I wonder why they come here. Are they power freaks who simply need to be kicking someone's butt every day? I think they are.

Arrogant terrorists.

Yes, I could ignore them, stay here and write. But to be honest, their very presence makes me unhappy about leaving any more poetry here.

Poetry, wow, something new to me last year.
I've learnt most I think, from the first world war poets. Through them I've accessed great chunks of pain and despair and I've been able to express some of how I feel.

It has helped me - writing stuff down.
You probably don't think it - but I've learned an important thing here - that we shouldn't feel ashamed to care about the world.
I suffer from PTSD. I guess that I'm not the only one.
I know there are other sensitive souls out there and I wish them all the luck in the world

You know, I hate myself for doing this
Its like running away
and man, I'm so lonely that a part of me wants to stick around and say more. but I can't do it. not even when I feel I have a duty to speak out

I'm sorry for running out.
I know how important this place has been to me - just by how I feel now, writing this.
I've put a load of myself up here and leaving feels like amputation - but it also feels like survival

It's hard to be human sometimes

Keep feeding back to each other

All the best

Endymion
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,136 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 11:05 am
Endymion--

We'll miss you.

I hope down the road that some of your pleasant memories of A2K will draw you back.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 05:58 pm
I'll miss your beautiful poetry and your critiqueing Endy. Very Happy
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 06:03 pm
so sorry to see thats how you felt you have been made to feel.....

all the best ENDYMION

KC
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 06:35 pm
Well, this makes me sad. I'm sorry you've been feeling that way here. That sucks. Will definetly miss reading your poetry, and hearing about all your interesting ideas about dreams and symbolism.

I had no idea you just discovered poetry last year. That's pretty amazing. You sure have learned quickly and written some amazing things.

Best wishes, Endy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 07:09 pm
I think you have more friends here than you realize. I wish you would reconsider.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 07:10 pm
The far right wants to dominate the Internet the way they do talk radio, TV, etc.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 02:37 am
I'm sorry to hear you're leaving.
I've read some of your beautiful poetry.
You will be missed here by many.
I hope Life treats you kind,
and maybe someday along the road we'll meet again.
Take care. Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2006 08:22 am
Hello, ENDYMION. Or should I not say hello, if you are leaving?

A2K is different things to different people. For some it is a place of companionship, for others it is a place to look for information or help and support. For some it seems to be a place to show their superiority over others.

It is fine to find a place within there boards where you are at home and leave the rest be. There are forums I don't go into because they don't interest me or because they have ceased to interest me. I think the same is true for most people here.

It is fine to find your niche and it's fine to take exception to those responses that bother you. You can respond to them or not, as the mood strikes you. I hope you continue to submit your poetry and I hope you find comfort in being here again someday.
0 Replies

mans

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 04:17 pm
hey, i'm kindof new, so don't really know anyone,
but i bet ur a good person, so sad to hear that you should be leaving.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:09 pm
I think Edgar's right, but if you gotta go, you gotta go.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:12 pm
^What roger said.^
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 05:34 pm
What Roger and LionTamer said. I have left several times myself out of frustration, but I just couldn't stay away from all the folks here that I've gotten to know and love over the years.
I think we all need a break every now and then and I hope once you've had some time away, you will reconsider and gift us with your presence once again.

Take care of yourself.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:21 pm
I dont like the dominating personalities either.
So, i just avoid the threads.
Easier said then done.. yes... because I spend alot of time reading statements and rolling my eyes so hard I have a head ache..

then i start a silly thread about abolutly nothing to try to bring up the humor that I love about this place.

I have enjoyed reading your writting.
I will miss it.

I hope you stop in every now and then and leave some more .
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
What a horribly sad thread. The artist are being replaced with as$holes????

I sure hope I don't contribute to a bad environment and if I ever do or have I hope there would be somebody that would do me a faver and set me straight.
0 Replies

mans

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 07:54 pm
hey, i would, but i hate sounding cruel and mean. and anyway, you sound too kind to do such a thing Smile
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 08:55 pm
Hey! A compliment! I'll take and thank you kindly. Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:04 pm
sad as it is that ENDYMION is leaving - I dilsike very much the broad brush that's applied to the right - me being one of the azzholes on the right it offends me when a few ripe apples seem to fuel hatred on both sides
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
Husker, ENDY mentioned "spite, hate and venom" and I doubt he was thinking of anyone like you when he wrote that. I know you're toward the right-hand end of the spectrum, but I've never heard you say anything spiteful or angry. I think most of us here can recognize that there are nice people on both right and left, and jerks on both sides too. ENDY didn't say he thought everyone on the right was like that and I'm sure he'd be quick to let you know that you are not the type he's talking about!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:24 pm
http://nomadlife.org/uploaded_images/peace-sign-713031.jpg

Peace comes from being able to contribute the best that we have, and all that we are, toward creating a world that supports everyone. But it is also securing the space for others to contibute the best that they have and all that they are.
-Hafsat Abiola
0 Replies