Comatose man wakes up to give daughter away

Reyn

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 11:08 am
Comatose man wakes up to give daughter away

A man from Handforth, near Wilmslow, Cheshire, woke from a coma after his life support was switched off - and ten days later gave his daughter away at her wedding.

Brian Paolo, who has emphysema, began to breathe on his own after the machine was switched off, according to The Sun.

His daughter Anne-Marie said: "The doctors had prepared us for the worst and it looked like they were right. But dad fought back.

"I couldn't believe it when he started to recover and we realised he would be there for the wedding. The doctors and nurses said they had never seen anything like it - they were astounded.

"They had told us there was no way he would be coming to our wedding and we had watched them take the tubes out of his neck. I've never seen anyone look so grey."

Brian added: "I didn't think I would make it... the doctors had given up on me. I've no immune system and my lungs are badly damaged. It was touch and go whether I would make it. But I pulled through with a bit of determination."

Anne-Marie said she collected her dad on the wedding day - just three hours after he was discharged.

She said: "My dad was supposed to get me in the car but in the end I had to collect him. I was crying when I saw him - but we had the happiest day ever."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 280 • Replies: 6
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 11:20 am
I come out of my coma long enough to draw a paycheck every two weeks.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 11:22 am
I figured this was a nice "feel good" story for a Sunday morning. Whatcha think?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 11:36 am
The guy don't seem none too healthy still, to me.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 02:49 pm
Thanks Reyn. I love stories like this.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:04 pm
Keep your eyes peeled then. I keep 'em coming.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 26 Feb, 2006 03:06 pm
What a marvelous story! How wonderful for the bride and her dad! Thanx for sharing Reyn!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Comatose man wakes up to give daughter away
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:41:56