Man falls to his death trying to climb out of stuck elevator

Reyn

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 05:23 pm
Man falls to his death trying to climb out of stuck elevator

BELLEVUE, Wash. - A 25-year-old man died when he fell while trying to climb out of an elevator stuck between floors Monday night, authorities said.

The man fell several stories down an open elevator shaft at a new shopping and entertainment complex in suburban Seattle, Fire Department spokesman Lt. Bruce Kroon said.

Authorities said five people had been inside the elevator, and it was believed that they had called for help before prying open the elevator doors.

"The first four were out; the fifth individual got out of the elevator and somehow fell backward into the elevator shaft," Kroon said.

Authorities did not immediately release the man's name.

Lincoln Square, located east of Seattle, is a $500 million complex that includes shops, restaurants, theaters, a hotel tower and underground parking garage.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 289 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:28 pm
I was stuck in an elevator in Boston during the blackout of '82 when the whole financial district went out. I was stuck there with a lovely young lady (married unfortunately) who assisted me in getting the ceiling off the elevator. When I climbed on top I realized it was hopeless and we just waited for a couple hours until help arrived.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 06:57 pm
That is such a sad story. So many men and women do dangerous jobs everyday and we take it for granted they will be safe and come home every night.

My condolences go out to his family and friends.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Man falls to his death trying to climb out of stuck elevator
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:28:09