Boy tumble-dried by his brother

Reyn

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:58 pm
Boy tumble-dried by his brother

A seven-year-old boy survived after being tumble-dried by his brother.

Gary Purvis jumped inside the machine as he played hide and seek.

However, his three-year-old brother Robson found him and shut the door - setting off the automatic start.

Gary's parents rushed to the drier after they heard Robson shout.

Gary, from Gateshead, Tyne and Wear said: "The dryer looked like a good place to hide. The next thing I knew it started spinning.

"I was shouting for help and banging my hand against the glass. It was really scary."

He suffered from slight burns reports The Sun.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 494 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Eva

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:21 pm
Sounds like a fine idea. I'd like to tumble-dry my brother, too.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:24 pm
And you were how old when you wanted to do this? Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:25 pm

Believe me, he deserves it now more than when he was 7.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:29 pm
Well, I tried to tumble dry a cat once. Not on purpose though. I can imagine it scared the heck out of this kid!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:30 pm
Eva wrote:
Sounds like a fine idea. I'd like to tumble-dry my brother, too.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 07:49 am
What a wimp. When I was little, we hid in refridgerators and suffocated!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 07:52 am
did he come out all warm and fluffy?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 07:53 am
No, his brother forgot the dryer sheet.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:02 am
All joking aside, I don't think that this is funny at all. That kid could have been killed, or badly burned. It's a damn good thing that his parents were within earshot, or there might have been a tragedy!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:12 am
The kid shouldn't have been dumb enough to get in a dryer.

I mean, 7 years old, c'mon....

even I knew that Gilbert.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:13 am
dont they make top-loading dryers? Itd be damn easy to outfit a dryer with a proximity relay to detect cats or kids and it would shut down and set off a little beepy thing.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR

GEEEK MAN.(somebodll put this kind of safety gizmo into a dryer and will make a coupla bucks)

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but averice is its father.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:19 am
This is the kind of crazy thing that happens to little kids. It's not funny (at the time) but it sure teaches a valuable lesson to all of the other little kids in the vicinity. Parents too. I'm sure we all know at least one little knucklehead who hid in a refrigerator and barely survived. By the time they found my friend hiding in the old frig 40-plus years ago, he was almost blue. The next day, all day, we watched as one old refrigerator after the other was rolled out of garages and basements and hauled away.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:25 am
I've gotta disagree with Chai. The dryer is a perfect hiding place to a seven year old. You think he thought about it beyond jumping in? Did he think his little brother would close the door and that would automatically set the machine in motion? Heck no.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 09:29 am
Maybe because it was a boy....the old, I didn't think beyond this second....

We had a dryer, I played hide and seek when I was 7....I never got inside a drier in my life. Seemed like a none too bright idea since I had noticed it made stuff bash around pretty good.

They used to call me Wile E. Ceyote, Super Genius.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:42 am
Wile E. Coyote would have gotten into that dryer! He would have ordered it from the ACME Co. and set it out to bait the bird. Roadrunner would run up on it, look around and then, run away. Wile E. would then come out from behind a rock, check out the dryer, scratch his head in confusion and then, he would have climbed into that dryer to check out the inside and just then, the Roadrunner would dash up , slam the door shut and...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 10:52 am
I stand corrected!

you are correct madam.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:36 am
Farmerman,

I don't know if they do make top loading dryers or not. I never thought about that. Great, now I'm curious and have to look it up.

Any of your cats ever get stuck in the dryer?

Chai Tea,

I bet that kid that was in the refrigerator was absolutely pretrified! That poor child. I can't think of anymore much scarier than that happening.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 11:51 am
Reyn wrote:
And you were how old when you wanted to do this? Laughing

Now!

Anon
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Boy tumble-dried by his brother
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 08:21:00