Rang De Basanti.......Is your blood boiling yet?

spidergal

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:26 am
_Heatwave_ wrote:
Haven't seen Rang De Basanti yet.....our local store hasn't got a copy yet. Don't like Aamir Khan much - think he's our desi Robin Williams - total ham. (Did like him in Dil Chahta Hai though.) I think Mangal Pandey was the last straw for me as far as he is concerned.

Hey hey welcome! Very Happy
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:29 am
raymond chan wrote:
vinsan wrote:
spidergal wrote:
raymond chan wrote:
what r u talking abt?

China

You won't get the knack of India........No never!

Whats ur problem spidey... He just asked simple a question

Hey Rey, we are talking about a Hindi Bollywood Film called Rang De basanti which has a patriotic theme.

Oh,I see.
Spidergal,u cant treat me without manner....... Sad

Ray

Hey! I wasn't being impolite. Sorry, if I said anything offensive.

We are talking about the latest indian blockbuster. Hope you watch it! Smile

Pragmatic, where are you baby? Seen the movie yet?
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 02:13 pm
Spidergal wrote:
Quote:
Hey hey welcome!

Thanks, Spidergal!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 4 Mar, 2006 07:51 am
Guys..

I want you all to stop for a moment and answer my question.

How did you watch the movie?

1. You went out to the playhouse.
2. You did the easy thing-bought (or rented) a CD

This is really important.........I need your answers Now.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 08:41 am
You are all pirates.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 09:23 am
spidergal wrote:
You are all pirates.

Nobody has even answered you. How could you reach that conclusion.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 10:16 am
Noone has even answered me.....Isn't that a proof enough?

While replies were sprouting on other threads- holi thread and india thread, why was this question ignored?

I know I am being nasty (gah, the sleepless nights) but am I not right?

Aren't we all.......? (me included! Crying or Very sad I am ashamed of that,honestly. This was the last time, I've told myself.)
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 11:43 am
vinsan wrote:
spidergal wrote:
You are all pirates.

Nobody has even answered you. How could you reach that conclusion.

I watched RDB in Fame Adlabs in a Shopping Mall. Does that make me off your pirated group.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 03:44 am
I wasn't spying on you when you went out to the movie, so I don't know. You would better know.

I was only trying to say that piracy is sucking up the Indian film industry. We can always do small things, like not buying these pirated CDs, for the country's upliftment after all everyone doesn't go on to build the teleporter.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 06:37 am
spidergal wrote:
I wasn't spying on you when you went out to the movie, so I don't know. You would better know.

I was only trying to say that piracy is sucking up the Indian film industry. We can always do small things, like not buying these pirated CDs, for the country's upliftment after all everyone doesn't go on to build the teleporter.

Ok What about a filmstar taking Rs. 5-10 crores for each film they do and producers spending 50-60 crores on a film? They dont even pay taxes. They have been sucking more money since ages than the new piracy problem.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:31 am
The Piracy Problem

Before the pirated CDs came into play, Vinny, it were the VCR cassettes that played their part. I still remember watching movies on our VCR as a 5 year old. They had big black somewhat rectangular but 3D video cassettes. Now, that was 14 years back and I am dead sure this thing was in existence even before that. So, the piracy problem is not new. Its been sucking us for 2 decades now.

Actors taking huge grants

What's the problem with that? Just as you are an engineer, they are actors, artists like writers and professionals like sportsmen (and sportswomen, sorry :wink: ) working hard and fighting their way into the world. (Dear vinny, Sania takes Rs 1.5 crores for an endorsement :wink: )

Directors investing in huge amounts

No problem with that. Its an industry, a business. It provides employment to so many people, brings foreign exchange etc.

The tax problem

Yea, that's the problem. I agree. That's condemnable. Not all of them do that, of course. You don't except someone like Yash Chopra doing that. Do you?

The point.

The tax problem is something the income tax officers have to deal with. We , the ordinary citizens, don't have control on that. But, we do exert control on the piracy problem. Its because of our Chalta hai yaar attitude that's its flourishing. Let the police do their work, but we should also take up the responsibility.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Sat 29 Apr, 2006 03:40 am
*Just* saw RDB. Literally. Finally we were able to snag a copy from our local chai-paani dukan and see it. Wow! Loved it. Even Aamir - hamming notwithstanding. (Don't really want to get into acting/technicalities/loopholes etc....am too caught up in the *mood* of the film.) What an amazing way of weaving the past into the present (again, not in terms of film technique), more in terms of the emotion. (You know, the reason why Bhagat Singh and friends made those sacrifices in their day, really still exists today - only this time WE are the enemy, and our Apathy what holds the nation hostage.) So many times I've thought how so many of us (Indians) just exist from day to day in our small happinesses, big & little troubles, spending our lives in that small space between hope & hopelessness. Man, I thought RDB did a real good job bringing out all of that and more. Five stars!

Made me think though - after all that emotion, that recognition of the problem - you still end up with: Hamara kuch nahin hoga. Is desh ka kuch nahin hoga. It's sad. We flail about for a bit, then go back to our tiny spaces and continue with the business of living. Kind of like this thread, right? Starting with: is your blood boiling yet? and ending with video piracy.

Ok....it's almost 2:40 AM here. Time for me to go sleep. I'm sure my blood will have cooled by then.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 05:55 am
Oh this thread still running........

Nice to see you back Heatwave. Do you know i drink cows' milk? :wink:
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 12:24 pm
Hi, Spidergal. I think we all drink cow's milk. Laughing When I was in school, a very long time ago, a gwala (milkman) used to come to our house very early every morning. My father would stand outside with his glass of tea, and watch him milk the cow - making sure, I guess, that he didn't mix water in the bucket before it was handed over to him. One morning, he was standing outside in the pale morning sun, bare-chested in his lungi, sipping his tea. God knows what the cow thought when she looked at the thatch of hair on his chest, but she brought her muzzle right up to it, and in one clean lick of her tongue removed and ate all of it. I am not making this up. He came inside the house, yelling for my mom, kind of in a state of shock. The tiny pin-pricks of blood on his chest were enough evidence of the veracity of his story. Needless to say, he never stood right in front of a cow bare-chested again.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 2 May, 2006 07:17 pm
Funny that!

But, in India, most of us drink Buffalo's milk if you don't know.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 02:39 am
Really, I didn't know that. In fact, I've filmed in Amul (Gujarat), Lucknow Dairy & Mother Dairy in Delhi - they all had cows. Hmmm.....where are you Kanpurites getting your milk from?

Ok, so....I just watched Being Cyrus....v. interesting watch....anyone else seen it? Saif Ali has really come into his own.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 04:33 am
_Heatwave_ wrote:
The tiny pin-pricks of blood on his chest were enough evidence of the veracity of his story. Needless to say, he never stood right in front of a cow bare-chested again.

LOL...the milkman probably trained the cow to do that so that he could mix water...

I watched "Being Cyrus"...okay movie, i thought. At least *tries* to be different.
Hey, and we drink cow's milk - most of us in Bangalore...
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 04:44 am
_Heatwave_ wrote:
Really, I didn't know that. In fact, I've filmed in Amul (Gujarat), Lucknow Dairy & Mother Dairy in Delhi - they all had cows. Hmmm.....where are you Kanpurites getting your milk from?

Ok, so....I just watched Being Cyrus....v. interesting watch....anyone else seen it? Saif Ali has really come into his own.

Heatwave,
The farms at Amul and Brittania extract milk from cows and so do most of the brands.
The citizens, however, atleast in our city, prefer freshly "squeezed out" milk to pasteurised one or the one that is sold in packets. A typical buffalo farm is commonly known as "chatta". They are some awful places exuding some heck of pungent odour and battalions of mosquitoes and houseflies.

I am seriously considering replacing milk with supplements and other dairy products. I am sure, my digestive enzymes can't break down things of the like of Urea, artificial oxytocin hormone, "Surf"detergent (kapde chamkaye sirf ek dhulayee mein!, Arre yaar, kapde dhone hain to dho doodh mein kyo milate ho? Paani jitna milana hai milao but please not anything else!!!) and god knows what and what more. Ok, you can laugh now.

Actually, its a lot more serious than I am making it appear here. They add all these "ingredients" for a reason. Water (which is actually the milk we get) makes milk thinner so to restore its turbidity back, they add Urea and Surf. Oxytocin has a long story and a rather very ludricous one which I don't feel like writing out now. The police are cracking down with raids virtually everyday on these farms. I thought I would have a thread on this.
0 Replies