Rang De Basanti.......Is your blood boiling yet?

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:43 am
Ahi tak jiska khoon na khaula
Woh khoon nahi paani hai
Jo desh ke kaam na aaye
Bekar woh jawani hai

So have you watched the flick yet?

Perforated with some minute climax loopholes (which are very much forgivabel),Rang De Basanti is in no danger.

Mehra's film stands out. Being a college bound teen, I seem to be a normal target audience for the movie......and I think the film does it job well.

Bikes,cars, girlfriends.........I think the Indian youth has better issues to deal with,don't they?

Do you think such movies can really bring some difference about?

Do we need more movies of this sort?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,196 • Replies: 37
No top replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:19 am
People go to movies to escape not enter reality.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 02:34 am
Real MiG Tragedy
spidergal wrote:
Woh khoon nahi paani hai
Jo desh ke kaam na aaye
Bekar woh jawani hai

So spidey you are back!!!

Well about the Cinema, the message "to get up and shape your country" is good .... but the violence is not justified.

Again the real story is based on a bikaner based 27-year-old Indian Air Force fighter pilot Abhijit Gadgil who died saving lives of people by crashing the Mig plane in deserted land than a populated area, due to plane's faulty machinary (assumed to be bought through a scam done by the people of defense ministry). But shamelessly his brave attempt of saving people's life was termed as "inexperienced pilot error".

BUT the constant fight by abhijit' mother & founding "Abhijit Air Safety Foundation", in December 2002, finally paid off and the defense ministry took their word back by accepting their fault. She received an official letter from the defense ministry that was printed in Indian Express where they called Abhijit "a guardian pilot of Indians".

So non-violent protest got actually paid in real life but loud and ambiguous climax shattered the reel life of the cinema.

But rest of the film is good, I must agree.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 11:15 am
Re: Real MiG Tragedy
vinsan wrote:
spidergal wrote:
Woh khoon nahi paani hai
Jo desh ke kaam na aaye
Bekar woh jawani hai

So spidey you are back!!!

Well about the Cinema, the message "to get up and shape your country" is good .... but the violence is not justified.

Again the real story is based on a bikaner based 27-year-old Indian Air Force fighter pilot Abhijit Gadgil who died saving lives of people by crashing the Mig plane in deserted land than a populated area, due to plane's faulty machinary (assumed to be bought through a scam done by the people of defense ministry). But shamelessly his brave attempt of saving people's life was termed as "inexperienced pilot error".

BUT the constant fight by abhijit' mother & founding "Abhijit Air Safety Foundation", in December 2002, finally paid off and the defense ministry took their word back by accepting their fault. She received an official letter from the defense ministry that was printed in Indian Express where they called Abhijit "a guardian pilot of Indians".

So non-violent protest got actually paid in real life but loud and ambiguous climax shattered the reel life of the cinema.

But rest of the film is good, I must agree.

Oh........your G.K is fabulous Vin. Nice to read that story. I agree with your reflections on a dubious climax. Well, secondly, DU guys in reality simply lack the nerves to actually take on a murder of a politician. Mehra sort of overdid it.

As for me, I am not back or anything. My connection's upload limit is coming to a close. And I have had a tough time......first the road accident.....then viral.......and now exams.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 02:04 am
I absolutely loved the film and actually spent the second half of the movie sobbing in my tissue....
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:06 am
Re: Real MiG Tragedy
spidergal wrote:
I have had a tough time......first the road accident.....then viral.......and now exams.

Oh! Sad Are you OK Now?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 05:13 am
the prince wrote:
I absolutely loved the film and actually spent the second half of the movie sobbing in my tissue....

Where were you prince!!! Question Asian forum was getting more Chinese than Indian since few months. Razz

Where's the Indian Public....
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 07:50 am
Kaam main phansa hua tha
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:03 am
the prince wrote:
Kaam main phansa hua tha

I take Kaam as Hindi meaning "Work" and not the Sanskrit meaning "Sex" :wink:
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:30 am
what r u talking abt?
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:37 am
raymond chan wrote:
what r u talking abt?

China

You won't get the knack of India........No never!
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:48 am
Resuming.....

I just heard that Siddharth is getting wedding offers.........Ow
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 09:56 am
Siddharth
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:06 am
spidergal wrote:
raymond chan wrote:
what r u talking abt?

China

Whats ur problem spidey... He just asked simple a question

Hey Rey, we are talking about a Hindi Bollywood Film called Rang De basanti which has a patriotic theme.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 10:31 am
spidergal wrote:

A typical Indian gal... Always behind male Filmstars.... even in your exams Rolling Eyes

More appropriate to read is this one Rang De Basanti Applaud
0 Replies

raymond chan

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:24 am
vinsan wrote:
spidergal wrote:
raymond chan wrote:
what r u talking abt?

China

Whats ur problem spidey... He just asked simple a question

Hey Rey, we are talking about a Hindi Bollywood Film called Rang De basanti which has a patriotic theme.

Oh,I see.
Spidergal,u cant treat me without manner....... Sad
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:29 am
Raymond mate don't worry, it is just patriotism speaking Laughing

I will take you out for a drink when I visit yr region next month to make up for it !! Smile
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 03:33 pm
Haven't seen Rang De Basanti yet.....our local store hasn't got a copy yet. Don't like Aamir Khan much - think he's our desi Robin Williams - total ham. (Did like him in Dil Chahta Hai though.) I think Mangal Pandey was the last straw for me as far as he is concerned.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2006 11:19 pm
Loved Rang de basanti Smile...

I agree with you Heatwave on Mangal pandey - terrible movie..
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 21 Feb, 2006 08:25 am
vinsan wrote:
spidergal wrote:

A typical Indian gal... Always behind male Filmstars.... even in your exams Rolling Eyes

More appropriate to read is this one Rang De Basanti Applaud

I am never behind anyone. I'm always in front! thankuverymuch.

I will not be around for a while. Tata bye bye see you.
0 Replies