Home Towns

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 10:31 am
sublime1 wrote:
Born and raised here in Chicago with no plans of leaving. I can't even bring myself to move to the suburbs even though I could have a three bedroom house for the price of my condo.

My boyfriend is native to Hoffman Estates/Shaumburg... I can't believe the price of living out there! He has friends that still live in Chicago, and they've spent the last 20+ years saving just to move out. It's insane, I couldn't survive out there.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 04:07 pm
upper west side of manhattan.

great place growing up, but i got tired of it by the time i was in my early 20's... wouldn't ever wanna live there again -- Bahstin's way better!
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 06:31 pm
Mississippi Co. Mo...one of the poorest counties in the state, and shrinking almost daily. The largest city in the county was over 5,000 when I was growing up, and has fallen to 3,000 in less than 20 years. My town is the only one in the county that is growing instead of shrinking.

I was born, and still live in a small town on the edge of the county, it's pretty much a "Mayberry" type town...most of the daily activitys revolve around the city hall or the restaurant. We all know each other, and a lot of the people are related...so gossip is a big problem. It's very comfortable and quiet here, things move at a snails pace, and crime is nonexistent.

We get a few "city boys" from time to time that move here because of a parent or an uncle or something being from this area...they find it very difficult to adjust and tend to go near insane with boredom in a short matter of time.

I was in St Louis working one time, and I had to gas up before I left for home. The convenience store I stopped at had a bulletproof glass cage built around the cashier, and I had to place my money into a miniature revolving door. The lady got on to me because after I put my money in the box, I didn't scoot back behind the line that was painted on the floor...she very nicely pointed at a sign which said to do so...felt like I was in a prison.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Home Towns
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:01:32