Home Towns

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:18 am
So where were you guys born and raise? Would you go back?

Me, myself, Im from Norfork, VA. I wouldn't go back to Norfolk unless I was going to go to college at Old Dominion University. Though if I had the chance to go back to Chesapeake, of Va Beach I would probably jump on that in a heart beat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,039 • Replies: 22
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:55 am
I was born in Chicago, I've lived lotsa places, across 3 different continents, travelled all over the planet (except Antarctica) and visited lotsa places I can't say I lived in - just passing through, more or less. I like the rural corner of the upper Midwest US where I live now. I like it well enough that I figure on prety much staying here untill I get boxed up and stored away.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 12:57 am
I was born in Joliett, Illinois. Lived in more states than I can name right now. Currently am in Louisiana and have been since 1989. I love the weather in the south!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:00 am
I think out of all the places I have been in the US i find Texas being about the one I would like to live in the most. Though i have yet to visit Alaska and Washington State. Both states that i have thought about moving to before I joined the militiary
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:03 am
If you move to Washington State, don't move to Seattle! They have the highest suicide rate in the country due to the weather. Rains more often than not! I hated it!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:08 am
I happen to love the rain, and i have a crap load of friends that live there.... next jones town maybe? hmm...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:12 am
Laughing Okay, if you love the rain, you will love Seattle!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:15 am
hot diggity dog! sounds like we have a winner... though i might change my mind when i hopefully visit the land down under this summer on R & R
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:16 am
Now that is a place I would love to visit. Bring me back a koala, will ya?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:17 am
i'll see what i can do.. i may know someone
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:18 am
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:19 am
lol take it easy... im not promising anything...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:24 am
I know. Just to get someone to say they'd try! I love koala bears. I know I'll never have a real one but a girl can dream, can't she?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:25 am
this is true, and i am not one to stand infront of someones dreams
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 01:28 am
Did I read in another thread you are in the military? Army? Marine? Which?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:31 am
I's born in New Brunswick, NJ. Haven't lived there since I was 5. So I have no hankering for it or even much of a memory of it.

Spent ages 5 - 10 in King of Prussia, PA and have a lot more memories of that. I liked it and Philly and even went to Law School in Delaware to get closer to the area, for a while. Not to stay, just to experience it again. Actually, if I didn't need warm weather (and maybe I won't), I would retire to Wilmington, DE as it's cheap, pretty and close to a lot of things.

But it's Boston that I love, and I mean love. As in, I can look at a Big Dig-style traffic snarl and still think it's wonderful. Yes, I'm a freak.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:40 am
Born and raised here in Chicago with no plans of leaving. I can't even bring myself to move to the suburbs even though I could have a three bedroom house for the price of my condo.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:41 am
BTW good to see ya back Seed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 09:00 am
Born in a don't-blink-else-you-will-miss-it town called Miles, 17 miles from the county seat of Ballinger in one direction, 17 miles from San Angelo in the other. Grew up shuttling homes between Fresno and San Jose, California, now a resident of Tomball, in the Houston area. Liked Fresno the best, but the job market brought me to Houston, where I will probably remain forever.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 10:25 am
Born in Wichita, Kansas. Grew up in Decatur, Alabama. Lived most my life in Moore/Midwest City, Oklahoma, but I've held residences in CA, TN, NV, NM and FL.

I don't remember Wichita for the life of me; Alabama was the perfect childhood but the quaint little street that used to give me the warmest feeling in the world has now disintegrated over the years. Out of all the states I've ever lived in, there are only two I'd ever return to - and I'm not sure if I'd ever do so permanently: Tennessee and New Mexico. One for the lush green grass and trees, the water and the people. The other for the feeling of health and life-force from the sun, and the beauty of the southwest.

Alas, a gypsy at heart I'm bound to travel more in my lifetime. I wonder if I'll ever find a place where I can truly call "home."
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Home Towns
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 06:07:48