Wicked Weather Here Today

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:43 am
The centre of that storm got to Tranna around midnight - lotsa lightning, thunder, and then the temperature started to drop. Then the winds kicked in.

The snow/ice that melted early last night refroze and made for a wild adventure for people coming to work today. I wouldna wanted to have been on the Burlington Skyway this morning with black ice and 90 km windgusts.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 11:47 am
It was 19 here this AM and the temp will be dropping into the single digits tonight. No black ice on the main roads but the sideroads are a slick. My old RWD car spins like a top on this stuff, so I loaded it down with 100 lbs of sand to slow the spin a little. Wink
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 12:16 pm
I'm not sure just what effect the weather in the north is having on us here in the south but yesterday it was humid and pretty warm. Then all of a sudden last night the wind started blowing and it got cold! Well, for Louisiana it was cold.

Now, we are supposed to be expecting an ice storm? In Louisiana? Oh my! It will shut the state down for a day or two. Always does.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 05:57 pm
Cold and dry here. Lows in the mid-20s at night, which is unusual. But harsh sun during the day, for those who enjoy being blinded by a near-horizontal light...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 10:14 am
Djjd, you must be in Windsor . . . you have my sympathies . . . although it could be worse, it could be Chatham . . .

I was gonna comment on the location you have posted, but i guess that's nobody's business but the Turks . . .
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 11:32 am
Setanta wrote:
Djjd, you must be in Windsor . . . you have my sympathies . . . although it could be worse, it could be Chatham . . .

I was gonna comment on the location you have posted, but i guess that's nobody's business but the Turks . . .

i'm about 1/2 an hour east of windsor, almost smack dab in the middle of the county

as for my location, well, my sig is a quote from a "they might be giants" song, and my location is a song title
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 05:05 pm
Update from Timberland: While there had been hope we'd see a high today above 0°, events have transpired otherly. At least the wind has subsided; the current local windchill is a mere -7°, veritably balmy compared to Friday's overnight -53° ... can mosquito repellent and patio furniture be far behind?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 06:07 pm
Timber,

I just noticed you are in Wisconsin! My mother lives in Reedsburg. I DO NOT miss the winters there at all! I feel for you! Stay warm!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Feb, 2006 06:20 pm
I am sure enough in love with winter in Albuquerque. Too damned sunny, if anything. Kidding of course. I knew the Eka (short for Eureka as Abq is for Albuquerque) weather affected my sense of humor, but not how much it did. The test will be how I deal with 100, or 100 plus, degrees in the summer. Los Angeles (I am originally from there) temps get to a hundred, even sometimes in the nineties in winter with the advent of the Santa Ana winds, but I am not used to it for days on end. We'll see if I start to whine later in the year. I'm willing to bet I get crazy with no ocean near me, but not yet.

Besides, I can hop a train...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:18 am
It's 16 here this AM on my thermometer. It's a freaking heat wave!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:33 am
Its a whopping 5 over here on the other side of the lake.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:45 am
yep, keep your woolies handy today, Sublime. The forecasted high is a booming 17 deg.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2006 08:51 am
I have been trying but I can't think of a single reason to leave the house today.

(PS I picked up some of that double dark mexican coffee from Trader Joes and it is excellent. Perfect to drink while watching people freeze outside.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 10:22:19