Wicked Weather Here Today

cjhsa

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 01:11 pm
In west Michigan we are having a thundersleetstorm. Hundreds of lightning strikes and heavy rain on a 31 degree day. Freak!

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xradara4.gif

This may update with time but right now the weather disturbance is quite obvious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,322 • Replies: 32
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:37 pm
Impressive weather for sure cj - glad it ain't here. On the other hand, here we've got lightly accumulating snow, but its being piled into impressive drifts by this:

Quote:
Severe Wind Chill Warning

A Severe Windchill Warning is in effect throughout the Indianhead Region from 6 pm this evening to 6 pm CST Friday. The National Weather Service - Duluth has also issued a Sever Wind Chill Warning which is in effect from 6 pm Friday through Noon CST Saturday.

A combination of high winds and falling temperatures will result in bitter wind chills of 35 to 40 Below Zero from the Brainerd and Cass Lakes areas through the Twin Ports and also across inland Northwest Wisconsin tonight and Friday morning. Falling temperatures and continued wind will result in much more severe wind chills of 50 to 55 below Zero Friday night into Saturday. Observe necessary livestock and equipment protection measures. Expect drifting snow with periods of limited visibility and avoid unnecessary travel or other outdoor exposure.

Oh, BTW, your graphic does appear to be updating.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:43 pm
here it's intense sunshine, slight breeze out of the southwest, cool 43, the lady diane and the lady osso put on a light windbreaker for their shopping trip. will be back up to the mid 60's for the weekend. I'm enchanted.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:51 pm
Enchanted or otherwise, you're a poopity head.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 03:53 pm
Timber, I think you have already been added to my poopity head list. After Lash but prior to Roger.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:09 pm
Hmmmm ... after Lash, huh? I gotta get busy and get my standings up. Thanks for the advisory.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:13 pm
70 degrees and sunny, bitches!

I love global warming! Woo-hoo! Give me some paint-thinner! We're gonna party!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:14 pm
I hate Michigan.

Try house breaking a freakin' dog in this.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:17 pm
Bella Dea,

Zoe's not being very cooperative with the potty training?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:24 pm
The nasty weather just finished here. I'm just about at the dot above the i in Chicago on cj's map. We had a bunch of rain and the low tomorrow is supposed to be in single digits so it will probably freeze. It would have been a lot of snow to shovel so I'm glad it was rain.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:25 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Bella Dea,

Zoe's not being very cooperative with the potty training?

Not when it's freezing rain out and she has no hair or peachfuzz on her little belly. Poor thing! Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:25 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I hate Michigan.

Try house breaking a freakin' dog in this.

Are you closer to Detroit, Bella? It looks like you're going to be in for it!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 04:37 pm
We started last night with heavy, wet snow, which partially melted, and then froze when the temperature hit a low well under freezing. Cleaned off the walks this morning, as did everyone else in the neighborhood--but after everyone had gone to work, it rained, and that froze. I just got back from walking the dogs, and it was nightmarish. The sidewalks were clear, but most of them were sheets of ice--but as it was black ice, you didn't know if your footing was sure or not. For a fifteen pound dog, no problem. For a two hundred fifty pound man, it was treacherous, though, and the dogs kept running off to the end of the leash, pulling, as though to say: "Come on, let's go, what's your problem?"

Darned little doggies . . .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 05:02 pm
61 and drizzly here. Weird. We'll probably get walloped with that line of bad stuff soon enough.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 05:03 pm
Yeah, just checked weather -- high of 65 today, high of 38 tomorrow. And a low of 23. [unethusiastic]Yay.[/unethusiastic]
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 05:25 pm
Re: Wicked Weather Here Today
cjhsa wrote:

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xradara4.gif

just over the border from detroit myself, not to bad today, windy with some brief heavy rains, very windy tonight though
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 07:31 pm
Some weeks ago a friend of mine from MA forwarded me her weather forecast, which included "freezing fog" and "thundersnow."

At the time I was on the west coast, but I'm a native east coaster and Holy Bob in heaven but I've never heard of those meteorological monstrosities before. What is "freezing fog" and "thundersnow"? They sound apocalyptic.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 08:57 pm
Try the Northern Plains for odd weather terms - one you'll enounter from time to time - generally in tandem with temperatures well below 0° F - is "Snirt Storm" - that's essentially high wind with blowing snow and dirt. Ya gotta see it to really appreciate it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 09:59 pm
Oh man, that thing cjhsa posted has been updating and is now poised to slam into Columbus... oof.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2006 07:51 am
Clear skies and bitter cold today and tomorrow. Timber is already in the deep freeze.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wicked Weather Here Today
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 10:26:05