Gongchime's Prelude

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2006 09:01 am
Here's a late introduction.

At first I didn't get very interested in writing while in school. Only when there was a pretty girl that I wanted to spend more time with did I take an active interest in writing in order to send her notes. Later, I was in the creative writing class in high school.

I have written a lot since high school but not so creatively for awhile. I did so much dream and journal workthat the notebooks were taking up so much of my time and space I burned them all. Lately, I've become more prolific with stuff I'd like to make public and intend to become more serious aboutit now that I'm 42.

I have a website where I've posted some articles. Several thousand people link to them or have them published on their own sites with my permission of course. Haven't made a dime as of yet and I'd like to change that. My most recent project is a blog over at Edit (Moderator): Link removed.

I'd appreciate a peek over there if anyone has some time. It's worth your trouble I promise. My primary area of interest and expertise is Southeast Asian art, music, dance and literature. I'm somewhat of an expert on Southeast Asian music for a white guy.

I gave a demonstration/lecture at KyaeMyeong University in Daegu South Korea on Gamelan and have many mp3s that I made of my own musical compositions which can be heard over at Edit (Moderator): Link removed. The piece called River of Stars has a vocalist from India who was the world music artist of the year in South Korea 2 years ago and is the world music artist of the year in India right now. Two other pieces, "Vietnam" and "Vietnam Revisited" have enjoyed a very lengthy stay in the top ten over at the broadjam website in the Asian category.

I hired a music consultant who has worked with Cirque Du Soleil and the Malaysian tourism board to help me improve my music and just bought a new computer and software for making better recordings. So, I'll be doing everything again that you hear if you go over to the previous link.

Gongchime
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 410 • Replies: 0
No top replies