My Anti-Valentines Day Thread

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
Ah, bah humbug Questioner.

I hate the way the media and the industry puts so much damn importance on certain days of the year.

What is it with thinking that the most romantic thing in the world is to bring home a dozen roses and candy on Valentine's Day? A dad taking his kids to the park or for ice cream for a few hours so stay at home mom can get some R and R any day of the week....that is love.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:23 pm
Eva wrote:
Chocolate, CL. You need chocolate.

No chocolate for me.... Can't really eat it

I had sugar
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:24 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
or do like i do. stay at home, then go boxing. nothing comes close to the joy of hitting a heavy bag today.
stick with the people you know and who are not 'dangerous' on this day. turn radio and tv off and do not turn on until tomorrow. or burrow in a dungeon with likeminded anti-valentines crusaders. you will find me there.

If I knew anything about boxing, I would... but my luck the punching bag would fly back at me and hit me in the face... if I could even hit it hard enough to make it move Laughing
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:25 pm
cyphercat wrote:
I have a boyfriend and take it from me, that's not always a guarantee of a good Valentine's! I've spent the morning in an argument, am sitting here crying by myself now, threw away the card I had for him, etc. . .

I'd love to be alone on Valentine's right about now!

That's how I was last year... don't cry.. he's not worth it... you need someone that is going to treat you good (Not saying he normally doesn't)
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:30 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Ah, bah humbug Questioner.

I hate the way the media and the industry puts so much damn importance on certain days of the year.

What is it with thinking that the most romantic thing in the world is to bring home a dozen roses and candy on Valentine's Day? A dad taking his kids to the park or for ice cream for a few hours so stay at home mom can get some R and R any day of the week....that is love.

Well hell, let's just fook Christmas, all anniversaries and New Year's while we're at it. You bitter, bitter woman.

By the by, I utterly agree with you.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:33 pm
Questioner wrote:

Well hell, let's just fook Christmas, all anniversaries and New Year's while we're at it. You bitter, bitter woman.

By the by, I utterly agree with you.

You might be onto something....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:35 pm
Valentines day IS owned by hallmark.
The more they drum it up to be the defining moment in someones relationship.. the more profit the have at the end of the day....

but it is still nice to get something. ;-)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:35 pm
right bella. big deal it is not. just another tuesday. except i am not constantly reminded i am single and alone every other tuesday. VD kind of drives it home a lot more. or used to, this year i'm just avoiding the reminding sources.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:36 pm
you have VD? Shocked
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:37 pm
I guess maybe I just don't pay attention to it because the only things I see differently are that the stores are loaded with BUY ME! teddy bears and there are way more people out eating and you can't get a table at a damn restaurant.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:37 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
you have VD? Shocked

Shewolf! Dag is NOT that kind of girl...

are you? Shocked
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:39 pm
no. unless there was a divine intervention that i'm not aware of. in which case i couldn't even complain, could i? did maria? no, she went along, and so did joseph. so be it as it may.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 01:47 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
right bella. big deal it is not. just another tuesday. except i am not constantly reminded i am single and alone every other tuesday. VD kind of drives it home a lot more. or used to, this year i'm just avoiding the reminding sources.

I agree with this 100%

(minus the VD)
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 11:49 pm
Wost. Valentine's. Ever.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 11:59 pm
crazie, VD is for Valentine's Day, not veneral disease.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2006 12:01 am
Oh, f*ck. "Worst." Well, that just proves it...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:46:28