You got a problem with that....?

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 06:16 pm
Oy, yeah I've had a few "Bad Santa" moments. That movie has so much cussing that I was even a bit embarassed...but we do say the M F'er phrase exactly the same.

The character of his that reminds me the most of myself is the one he played in the Patrick Swayze movie where they went to Vegas...{looking it up}...."Waking Up In Reno".

I mean of course in speech only, not the somewhat sleazy character he played.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 08:14 pm
Ah don't worry about it.

My husband is from Southern Illnois, I guess close enough to sound the same.

One of the reasons we laughed at bad santa so much was there was about 3 or 4 scenes where we both knew that's exactly what he would do.

Have you seen the movie "The Man Who Wasn't There" with Billy Bob?

Now, THAT's my husband.

Except he quit smoking.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sun 12 Feb, 2006 10:41 pm
Nope I havn't seen that one. I know what you mean about him being predictable though, truth be told....I'm probably a little more like him than I'd care to admit... :wink:

I'm from Southeast MO, I have family and friends all over Southern Ill....also worked over there quite a bit in the 90's. What part of SI is your husband from?

It might have been you, but I think I read yesterday where someone else said they or their spouse was from that area...Little Egypt.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 01:09 am
Sandoval, really small.

His mother was one of 2 Jehova Witnesses in town.

She was of the sect of JW's that put up Christmas trees and cooked Thanksgiving turkeys.

She and the other JW would see fit to take up the Bible once or twice a year and go recruiting.

Someone would spot them and call around and say "Don't answer the door. Clara and Marie are out"

I asked him once if his dad belonged to any relegion. He said "Oh yeah. He went to the Lodge"
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:12 pm
Ah, yeah that's a bit north of my territory. One of the companies I used to work for had a huge job in Centralia, but I never went up there. I think it was a school, or maybe a prison...was a lot of terrazzo flooring.

My Grandfather was born in Champaign, which is further north, and most of my family live in the Marion - Harrisburg area. Another company I work for at times is located in Carbondale, but they also tend to keep me in the south....closer for me that way.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:39 pm
You're in construction?

oh BTW, when I made the Bad Santa comment, I wrote it wrong, I meant to say we laughed because what billy bob would do, that exactly how my husband would have handled it.

he's a real loose cannon he is. that's why I love him.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:52 pm
I saw "The Man Who Wasn't There", it was in Black and White. Was that a Coen Brother Movie?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 07:53 pm
I don't think so, glitterbag.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:03 pm
Was it a Thorton production?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:05 pm
No, you were correct, glitterbag; I just looked it up and it was indeed the Coen brothers.

Good call.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:07 pm
I love the Coen Brother movies. I think I have seen "Blood Simple" 14 times.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:17 pm
I guess I never gave "Blood Simple" much attention. I may have seen it, but recall little.

I did love Raising Arizona and Barton Fink, as well Big Lebowski
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 08:30 pm
Hey, everybody! I once knew someone who had a friend that worked on the Big Lebowski movie!! Razz
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 09:32 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
You're in construction?

Yes, I'm a 4th generation tile setter, family business....I had to take it over when I was 19 for about two years {grandad was injured} then I freelanced for a few years working for different companies...and finally came back to run the business again. All the boys in the family are tilesetters, I went on my first job when I was three.

I guess I should fill in my profile.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 09:39 pm
2PacksAday, I'm in constrution too. I've done tile. There coming out with alot of alternatives to tile. In fact we just put cultured marble in our bathroom. I'm doing Epoxy flooring now.Theres lots of work in California right know.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 10:06 pm
Cool

Seems like tile work has always been pretty hot in Cali and in Fla, we get a lot of tile guys passing thru that are going from one to the other.

I've seen some of the newer stuff...at Lowe's they have the fake tile that snaps together like...well like the fake hardwood flooring that snaps together...looks good though.

Probably not the same, but I've done some "seamless epoxy" floors. Thin coat of epoxy then sprinkle colored aggregate onto it...several stage process...we called it feeding the chickens. I've never really messed with cultured marble, but I do work with corian some.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 10:28 pm
I got arrested in Moberly for a couple zanex and a bowl of weed when I was younger.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 10:44 pm
Amigo wrote:
I got arrested in Moberly for a couple zanex and a bowl of weed when I was younger.

Who hasn't ?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2006 11:08 pm
We we were in a 1959 VW Bus crossing the country and decided to see the country the old fasioned way so we got off the freeway (stoned out of our minds) and ended up in Moberly. It looked like they called the swat team on us. My buddy was a long haired hippy white dude and I was like this goat-tea mexican dude. We looked like cheech and chong.

When they let us out of jail they said "Get on the freeway and get the f**k out of here.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 07:52 am
I was starting to like you, Amigo, until you disclosed the fact that you are, or were, one of those evil pot-smoking bastards that terrorize the countryside and make this country less safe for the women and children.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 09:33:03