Environmental Disaster Party - call for ideas!

username

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:57 pm
Endangered species cake for dessert. I was thinking polar bear. Now that global warming is melting the arctic icecap out from under them and there's the push on to add them to the endangered species list. Start with a buche de noel (sp?)--add a couple extra limbs for bear limbs, make one end pointy, add raisins for eyes and nose, and cover with coconut, voila.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:13 am
user - while I've made bouche de noels (I dunno the right spelling either!) before, I think that's a little too time-consuming. We were thinking of adding polar bears to the melting ice-candle-holders. But, that cake does sound cute!

I for one have no idea, by the way, what the brownies BVT mentioned are supposed to signify.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:30 am
K, remember Bush saying, "Good job, Brownie?" Hurricane Katrina.

To add to global warming, just turn the heat up high. Those of us who never got over the heat of menopause will not be coming--we have our own global warming to deal with, sigh.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 05:56 am
littlek wrote:
user - while I've made bouche de noels (I dunno the right spelling either!) before, I think that's a little too time-consuming. We were thinking of adding polar bears to the melting ice-candle-holders. But, that cake does sound cute!

I for one have no idea, by the way, what the brownies BVT mentioned are supposed to signify.

do not insult me and my extended family in such a manner or we will be forced to burn your embassy.....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:00 am
it's not an insult, bear. it's an honor to be added to the melting ice candle holders
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:55 am
sorry, I'm a little touchy today. Haven't had my morning baby seal.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:33 am
Love the spent fuel rods idea.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 11:46 am
we should raid the 'everything for a dollar' store. i'm sure they'd have glowing sticks there, tanks and plastic soldiers and god knows what other treasures.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 11:59 am
I have marvellous memories of a Mt. St. Helen's dessert I shared with a gang of friends at a resto a long long time ago.

Giant bowl full of ice cream and other good junk - lotsa sparklers - and about a dozen ice tea spoons.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 12:07 pm
How about a tiny George Bush figurine in a swimsuit with a Bible in his lap. He could be sitting in a lawn chair set on an ice floe...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 11:44 pm
an idea flashed through my mind. If (crossing fingers) I get the role in a musical I auditioned for, maybe I could talk the whole troupe (mostly gay guys, some girls) into holding the party at the club where the play is being put on. it's a bar/ night club. voted the second best gay bar in boston. it could be huge!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 06:15:30