The Ellpus foundation needs YOU!

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:13 am
It appears that that the Ellpus Foundation has been diddled out of what could have been a tidy sum of money.

Some months ago, I was approached by a business consortium, asking for rights to reproduce the image of Droitwich manor, so that they could use it on all sorts of tourist memorabilia.
I refused their advances, as I thought that it would only advertise the place even more, and we already suffer with throngs of bloody colonials in the summer, leaving gum all over the promenade and fiddling with my bulbs in the wild meadow.

So, in order that I should still be able to exploit a situation of the old cash in the back pocket without the taxman finding out variety, I agreed to them using the image of my secondary residence down in Torquay ( Lord Ellpus Hall).

They umm'd and aaagh'd a bit, eventually agreed, and made an offer of 5% royalties on any tourist junk sold, assuring me that it would produce buckets loads of moolah.

Well....it would appear that sales haven't gone as well as planned. To be honest, sales have been bloody disastrous, with most of the clobber being withdrawn and overprinted with a picture of that awful Euro disney place.
OUTRAGEOUS!

However, there is a small silver lining to this cloud, as ONE piece of Ellpus memorabilia survives, making it VERY RARE INDEED.

The problem is, that it has been on a certain auction website for 9 days out of ten, and has only attracted one bid of 50p (which only makes me 2.5p in royalties).

The bidder is one "w36rabbit", who I can only presume to be dlowan. She is obviously aware of my recent financial restraint, and the fact that I am having to drink brandy that is less than 50 years old as part of an economy drive.
I wouldn't dream of asking you to support my cause, but would just like to point out that for every extra £100 that can be raised on the price, I can purchase a medium quality cigar.

If this piece of old tat.....hold on?

If this VALUABLE ANTIQUE OF THE FUTURE ends up going for less than £1, I have warned Penbury that the staff could have their food rations cut by 50%, which means that they would then only receive TWO meals a week, instead of the overly generous four.

I await your gestures of generosity with great anticipation, and will let you know the final selling amount, and how many cigars I have managed to buy with the rake off.

Thank you, my dear and generous friends. The best friends that a man needing money could ever wish for.

Item number 7005135338

The VALUABLE ANTIQUE OF THE FUTURE in question ....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/mvt.jpg

A close up of the VALUABLE ANTIQUE OF THE FUTURE.......

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/lordellpus/mvt2.jpg

My, doesn't it look like a VALUABLE ANTIQUE OF THE FUTURE!!

This appeal was on behalf of the Ellpus Trust Foundation. The EPT raises money in order to restore the wine cellars at Ellpus Hall, and to re-stock them to their former glory.
The EPT is a non profit organisation. Donations should be made in cash, using old notes. Foreign currency welcomed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,295 • Replies: 22
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:44 am
The EPT is getting 2 1/2 p? Are you sure that's right?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:50 am
That's what my accountant, "Shady" William tells me.

Is it wrong? Hang on, I'll get my calculator........

<right....50 divided by 100 = .5 ......multiplied by 5 = 2.5 >

Bloody hell! He's right! First time in years!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:52 am
So this commission would end up inEPT? i need to be sure that my inept investment in the mother country is going to go where it is needed most.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:58 am
It's not your math (or maths as you old-worlders pretentiously maintain) that bothers me, but rather the accuracy. How can the poor girl be sure the test is right?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:05 am
It seems like I miread it....the bid was for 99p.

This now means that I stand to make 4.95p. Still not good, but better than I thought.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:13 am
All my funds are invested in the Sturgis Foundation....sorry old man, you'll need to exit your abode and get a job.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:25 am
I'm willing to hold a bake sale if other members of A2K will contribute. Bake sales are one the main ways Americans fund their public school system, so I guess they are effective.

If you are willing to contribute a baked item please list it on this thread so we won't end up with too much of the same thing.

I am going to make hamentash with poppy and prune filling.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:36 am
Sounds wonderful GW, although now you have mentioned cakes and baking, this thread is in danger of being overrun with all manner of pictures depicting treacle tarts and other such scrummy things.

How much does a bake sale normally raise?

This idea could turn out to be a goldmine in Droitwich. Should have thought of this before.....Hmmmmm....
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:44 am
Here's something for your bakesale...http://www.innonthecove.com/images/column_photos/yorkshire_pudding_recipe.jpg
0 Replies

barrythemod

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:19 am
Sorry L.E
Bit strapped for cash myself at this time of year.My main charity is MARSH...

Many
Animals
Roaming
Strange
Hills
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:32 pm
Dem antiquees ain't so rare - I got a truckload of 'em!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 08:54 pm
mmmmm Yorkshire Pudding. Now that I will have to purchase the rump of a cow, I will no longer be able to provide the much needed support that Lord Ellpus so rightly deserves.

Maybe I can secure some Canadian beaver pelts for the cause.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:04 pm
Maybe we should change bake sale to garage sale (or car boot sale as they say in England). Does the manor have a garage or just a carriage house?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:45 pm
Why doesnt the Ellpus Foundation rent the Lord himself out for, I dont know, seminars on the proper use of kitchen utensils, guided tours regarding the historical Ellpus family residencies (not the present one) and anecdotes, motivational sessions called Lord Ellped Me, He'll Elp You Too (And I Can Help You Protect Yourself), or of course the straightforward romp-with-a-lord service...

Plenty of commercial opps in just being yourself, me Lord!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 01:05 am
Well, there are just two hours left as I write, and the tension is getting unbearable.

The bid still remains at 99p, which leads me to believe one of two things.

1. That many of you have really got behind my campaign and you have already withdrawn a pretty large bundle of lolly in preparation, but do not wish to show your hand too early.
You have probably gone to one of those "snipe" sites, and have made a secret bid, possibly running into the upper hundreds, which will be placed at the very last minute.

2. That you are all a bunch of uncaring b*stards, who would delight in seeing a cousin to the Queen having to make do with shopping that doesn't come from Harrods.

I shall now sit and click the "refresh" page on that auction, and hope to see some large bids arriving..............
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 05:25 am
99p! BLOODY NINETY NINE PENCE!!

I shall now have to accompany Penbury down to Plymouth Docks, where he will have to sell his body to passing sailors for a week.

I shall be back on the 19th of Feb, or thereabouts.

Speak you all soon.
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 09:05 pm
Enjoy your holiday, Lord Ellpus Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 07:19 pm
do you get a cut from Penbury's travails?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2006 08:22 pm
The nineteenth? What the hell are we supposed to do with ourselves in the meantime, eh?

I hope you can explain in detail why you have been caught up in some bristly adventure or two.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » The Ellpus foundation needs YOU!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:33:57