I've really got to stop with the swearing.

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:16 pm
Other people seem to be so much better than me at accepting the realities of the working life and not letting it get to them. Me? I get annoyed and go off on swearing jags. I picked up the habit at my last job, where my rants and total lack of respect for the non-bitter people around me were tolerated for some reason. What a rotten bastard I must have been to be around.

Anyway, so today I somehow got into that old familiar zone, where things are going wrong and I want to get the hell out of there and there are a lot of jobs that have to be done soon and I'm getting increasingly annoyed and BOOM there's the F-Bomb and BLAM! there's **** and damn and all their crazy cousins just rolling out of me in a stream-of-consciousness, long-running grumble of obscenities, and then I'm just rambling, unaware, lost in my bitter self-pitying bitch session, until finally the woman who works nearby snaps at me, "Will you stop that! It's very annoying!"

I didn't even realize I was doing it.

Yep, I have got to stop with the swearing. So, I'm going to. But first--

GODD*MMOTHERF*CKINGSHITBAGC*CKSUCKINGMOTHERF*CKINGDICKPRICKBASTARDBITCHA$$SHOLEGOOCHTITPISSINGMOTHERF*CKER!!!!!

There. From this point forward I will be free of the shackles of that negative addiction.

Now how the hell am I going to do this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,286 • Replies: 39
No top replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:17 pm
Stop? What the **** are you thinking?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:18 pm
I think the swearing may keep us...I mean you....from having a premature heart attack.

Good, cheap outlet.

You should keep cussing. It's heart smart.

Wink
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:20 pm
Well, I'm thinking I should at least cut the swearing out loud part off.

Maybe I'll allow myself to still swear in my head. And on A2K.

Maybe.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:21 pm
cussing is salve to the soul
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:22 pm
Really? I never heard that before Gus. Very poetic.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:24 pm
I save all mine for here, kicky.

I save a LOT of stuff just for here.

This place keeps me sane.

You can cuss at me if it lowers your blood pressure.

As long as you beg my forgiveness later on your knees.... I'll dress up for it....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:26 pm
My favorite curse is Dagnab it sumbitch!!!

That generally gets people a runnin.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:29 pm
I was raised to be quiet and nice, and see where that got me, a ticket to passive aggressive.

There is a happy medium, I gather, called 'maturity'.

It isn't the end of the world to mull over perfect words for the occasion, sans expletives...
All is easy enough when you are right about something.

The trick is dealing with it sans expletives when you are dead wrong and just get a clue about that.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:36 pm
Lash wrote:
I save all mine for here, kicky.

I save a LOT of stuff just for here.

This place keeps me sane.

You can cuss at me if it lowers your blood pressure.

As long as you beg my forgiveness later on your knees.... I'll dress up for it....

<Picturing it...panting...doing nasty things to himself...panting faster...grunting once...using kleenex>
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:40 pm
I stopped swearing in junior high after seeing a video of myself and a bunch of friends cursing up a storm and thinking we were just the coolest teens in the universe. We looked like a bunch of dorks and sounded like idiots- I swore off swearing right then and there. I have been known to throw heavy objects around and punch walls to relieve tension.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:41 pm
ossobuco wrote:
'maturity'.

Yep. That's the exact word I was looking for. I remember thinking, right after my coworker snapped at me that I need to grow up a little bit. Either that or work someplace where swearing and yelling are tolerated.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:43 pm
Its ok Kicky i do ebloodynough for both of us cnts. not only do I put cuss words befkntween other word i put em in words.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:51 pm
I will NOT swear anymore. I'm free of that negative addiction, dagnabbit!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:57 pm
It's sort of fun to speak sans swearwords for a while. Oh, a day or two.

I have found, lo these many years of not so much swearing having passed, that spasms of swearwords pour forth from me almost at the sight of a couple of discerning friends/relatives. Damn, my monitor comes off when I am speaking with them. What is with that, eh? Postadult hostility furling?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 09:57 pm
Kicky.

That's just gay.
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:03 pm
Awww **** it. Just swear. It's a good stress reliever. Wink
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:21 pm
You know... I don't swear much anymore. I've worked hard to break the habit. But the occasional swear word fly's out of my mouth almost without me realizing sometimes. Like driving down the road and someone cuts me off when I am in a hurry I'll find myself muttering, "Stupid MF wants to die or something!" Oh yeah, being at A2K has well... lol... I can't say I haven't muttered a few "words" here and there to myself...

Personally I don't find swear words offensive. Though I can understand why a swearing spree might be considered annoying to someone else. I hope I wouldn't go off someday and cuss someone out because I would feel really bad about that. I think each person needs to decide what works for them. If you don't like it don't do it. If you do well, you do.

*shrugs*
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:27 pm
Yep, I try hard not to swear, but it still happens sometimes. Dammit!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 10:31 pm
I love to swear. It's been tough with sozlet around all the time. I've gotten it to the point that even when I hurt myself I let fly with the likes of "Oh CRUD!"
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I've really got to stop with the swearing.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/30/2024 at 10:09:43