How do I make it stop?

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:16 pm
If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it.

This was all of the mail in my mailbox today:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/House/mail.jpg

My take today was a bit above average but not a day goes by without at least one offer in the box. Usually two - one for me and one for Mr. B.

These offers all come with those checks now too so everything has to be completely shredded before throwing it away.

It is becoming a total pain in the ass.

Is there anyway to make it stop?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,017 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:20 pm
Credit offers: The major credit agencies all sell aggregate credit information any bidder. Direct mail and credit companies generate mail based on demographics including zip code, income band and credit payment patterns. Stopping this is easy, you just need your address, former address within two years, and social security number. One call does it all for agencies Equifax, Trans Union, Experian and Innovis. Dial 1-888-5 OPT OUT (or 1-888-567-8688) 24 hours a day.

Stop Junk Mail
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:24 pm
You better call them direct also. Just wondering if you already have a CC with one of those companies?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:24 pm
Thanks Bella!

I'm guessing I'd need both my and Mr. B's social security numbers to get it stopped for both of us, huh?

I am so calling!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:27 pm
Yes, I do have cards through one of these companies but not the other.

I swear though -- I get these things from every possible issuer of credit cards imaginable.

But really now, three of the exact same offer on the same day? That can't be smart marketing. I'm tempted to cancel my card with any company that makes such stupid decisions.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 02:29 pm
Also call the number at chase and ask where they got your info from and also who processes the offers for them.

In the beginning of your call be naive get all the info you can before you turn the tables an let them know you are major pissed and want if undone\fixed.
0 Replies