RESIZING PRINTER PAGE

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 08:32 pm
can i bring in a 'dumb' printer question here ?how do i adjust the printer page so it doesn't leave a quarter of the right printing out ? it happans every now-and-then ; not all the time.
i've been told how to do it, but never wrote it down !
thanks. hbg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 805 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Heliotrope

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:26 pm
Is this when you print web pages ?
I hope so because I have the same problem but can't remember the solution either !
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 02:29 pm
me too
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 03:47 pm
yes, ht ! i find that on some webpage printouts, i can't 'squeeze' the whole print-page onto the sheet of paper.
it must have something to do with re-sizing the page, i think.
perhaps someone is going to take pity on us.

h.e.e.e.l.p. !

hbg
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 03:54 pm
This suggestion may be of some help to you.

Most Internet browsers set their printing margins to 0.75" on the left and right side of the printout. This will cause right side of the webpage to be cut off.

To print the full width of the pages, just use your page options to adjust the margins to 0.25" in both the left and right margins before printing.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 06:23 pm
...and away we go !
thanks, intrepid ! problem solved . hbg

note to ht and user :
- click on 'file'
- select 'page setup'
- key in the margin you want (mine was set at 7.5 mm, i changed it to 2.5 mm and there is now plenty of space for printout of a webpage)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:52 pm
Glad I was able to help, Hamburger

Did ya see the Olympic opening ceremonies with our 196 Canadian athletes :-o
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 11:03 pm
My printer won't let me reset the right margin for less than .46. If I do it, it resets itself to .46, and even at .25 some web pages still wouldn't fit.

Sometimes, if I catch it in time, I can change the page from portrait orientation to landscape, which lets it fit but uses a lot more paper, but the printers seem to keep going for another page or two, or get bollixed entirely and not erase the pages in their buffers and try to print them the next time I try to get it to print something else. It does get aggravating.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2006 12:43 pm
intrepid :
yes, i saw our canadian athletes marching in happily - i prefer that, rather than 'proudly'.
i also liked the smaller contingents with 4 or 5 participants marching in. personally, i think participation is much more important than how many medals a team wins.

user:
i have a new system with a lexmark printer. i usually don't care about the print-quality, i just want a quick printout. the lexmark is set for 'normal' print - which is rather slow. so i set it for 'quick-print' and lock it in, but usually the printer software resets to normal -slow - print after every print-out.
i'm sure there is a fix for it somewhere ... i'll just have to find it.
there might also be some way in which you can permanently override your printer-commands, but it may require a software fix.
good luck ! hbg
0 Replies