Shower or Bath?

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:17 pm
AAH! I have just had the most wonderful post organic sleep.

Now then....what have I missed?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:21 pm
My preference is the shower, while a bath is nice once in a while
I feel cleaner from having a shower...so put me up for the shower
as for a shower cap, err no, I dont use one nor do I have a non slip rubber mat in there either
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:22 pm
What do you DO in there? There are only so many crevices to clean. My longest shower is like 15 minutes, and that's with shaving.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:26 pm
dont you wash you hair??
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:44 pm
My hair is shoulder-length and color-treated. I give it two shampoos, and it takes a while to get all the soap out. Then there is the special face cleanser, the body wash, the paddle to remove calluses on feet and elbows, shaving....oh, I could easily stay in there 45 minutes.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:22 pm
yes much like myself Eva 'cept the callus part..
body scrubs, hair washing, shaving legs ets takes me about 25-30 mins
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:33 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
What do you DO in there? There are only so many crevices to clean. My longest shower is like 15 minutes, and that's with shaving.

First, shave, then get under the shower and get the water to be exactly the right temperature ... enjoy it for a bit ... cleanser for shoulders, chest, rinse ... soaping all over, rinse ... brushing my teeth ... shampooing, rinse ... (no conditioner right now) ... face cleanser ... finding it very, very heart to get out of the shower for anything between a minute and ten minutes (oh, nice and warm, and outside its cold) ... dry myself off ... put on deo ... body lotion ... face lotion ... after shave ... take pills ... put in hair wax ... minimum 40 minutes on, apparently (and that was without the hair, i think).

(And yes, I realise I've now definitely condemned myself to the sissy, err, metrosexual, box for the rest of my a2k existence ... ;-))
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:00 pm
Does anyone feel concerned about all the water they're using with these long long showers?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:03 pm
Baths make me feel dirty - and not in a good way.

I take loooooong showers. It used to drive my mother mad, she'd start flushing and running water to make me get out (the beyotch!).
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:09 pm
Showers. And they're usually 15 minutes, tops.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:22 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Does anyone feel concerned about all the water they're using with these long long showers?

Ehhhmmm ... I'm vaguely aware of it but I've succesfully kept any sense of guilt at bay through consistent repression of the thought Razz

Whenever it does pop up I reassure myself by remembering that I dont own a car, never owned a car and practically never ride in one - I walk or exceptionally take public transport. So I have some environmental brownie points to credit on there ... ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:25 pm
ok, brushing one's teeth in the shower is a waste of water. But, it only wastes water for a minute or two.

I feel better now, I'm probably in the shower with water running for 20 minutes. Longer if I shave.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:18 pm
you lot obviously don't have the water restrictions and harping on about dam levels we have here.

A 30-min shower and the Water Police would be battering down your front door! Probably 5 minutes max here!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:24 pm
We had a water shortage when I was growing up - a local business (still IN biz, the rats) polluted a good chunk of our drinking water during a dry spell, so we had to ration. But, mostly the rationing was for outside (gardens, lawns, cars) water use. We could water either on even or odd days depending on our street address. Then we went to no watering for a while. Pretty harsh for us New Englanders with our plentiful water supply.

In San Fransisco, there are heavy fines for excessive water use.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:27 pm
margo wrote:
you lot obviously don't have the water restrictions and harping on about dam levels we have here.

A 30-min shower and the Water Police would be battering down your front door! Probably 5 minutes max here!

Well, you know, havin lived mosta my life in the Netherlands, not much worries there... ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:45 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

In a word....no.

My husband takes 5 minute showers. I figure it all averages out around here.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 07:36 am
Re: Shower or Bath?
Reyn wrote:
...... I sometimes have a "eureka moment" while dowsing myself at just the right temperature. :wink: Very Happy

S'funny, I usually have my "eureka" moment just BEFORE I get into the shower.
A bit of carbolic soap and a good scrubbing usually sorts that out though, and I end up smelling nice again.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:01 am
nimh wrote:
Well, you know, havin lived mosta my life in the Netherlands, not much worries there... ;-)

Laughing forgot about that!

Margo - Of course you only take 5 minutes showers......you're self cleaning throughout the day!

<lifts up own back leg and start to lick>
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2006 09:11 am
I'm a shower guy.. get in, get clean, get out. The bathroom is a utility place. I don't read on the toilet either. I never understood why people would want a big bathroom full of grecian spendor to **** shower and shave.

This of course is not to say that squinney and I have never enjoyed a trembler or two in the shower.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Shower or Bath?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:50:44