Shower or Bath?

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:52 am
AAAH! Isn't it marvellous, that feeling one has when one has just had an invigorating shower!

Yes folks, it's the first of the month and that time again. Here I am, blushing pink and slightly steamy, ready for what the day has to offer.

Clean, crisp clothing had been donned, the new velcro todger restraint is in place and all is right with the world.

So, do you shower, or bathe?

How long does it take, what type of bathing cap do you wear and how hot do you like your water?

Is all this before, or after your breakfast has been served in the orangery?

Visual aids/good quality digital photos are welcome in most cases.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,349 • Replies: 38
No top replies

msolga

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:12 am
Which?: Both. The bath if I have plenty of time (with a very quick shower afterwards), but usually, on a work day, the shower.
Showering is about getting clean quickly before rushing off .... Bathing is about relaxation, taking lots & lots of time ... aaaaaaaah, one of life's little pleasures!
Water temperature?:middling. Not too hot (ouch!) & not too cold! (ouch!)
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:23 am
Lordy, are you trying to turn us on? 'Cause it's working.

I'm a bath girl myself. Showers are great, but only for when limited for time or extracurricular activities.

A well-stocked, beautiful bathroom is my idea of winning my heart.

I'll be back later...I need to cool down...I'm flushing. :wink:
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 06:11 am
Shower mostly, and it lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour (occasionally even longer). I enjoy the feel of the water here, there, and everywhere when it is the ideal temperature.

Tub baths are a bit risky for me though...they involve scaLding hot water and food. After submerging my body into the water and feeling the heat alter my body temperature to the point of sensual wooziness, I watch as my beard floats along the waters surface and then slither downwards until my lips are being caressed by the soft water. Then I bring myself back into an upright position and after drying my hands on a nearby towel I commence to eat whatever vittles I have decided on. Then I drain some water, and fill the tub with more of the extra hot. Once this is done I read from a book on and off, alternating with my food intake and then I drain the tub entirely before refilling it with more blistering clear liquid which I allow to boil me for a while longer before I realize that the foolish folly I am part of will leave me wrinkled, at which point I get out of the tub and take a quick rinse off shower before exiting the bath.

I hope that answers the question.

(and what the heck is a bathing cap? does it interfere with the pleasure of trapping water inside the ears?)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:18 am
Only showers.

twice a day, before breakfast, then after coming home and exercising.

length of shower depends on what needs to be done.

if shaving of legs is required, I feel like I want to give up after one calf, but usually put my nose to the grindstone and finish the knee....then, somewhere between planting and harvet, I attempt a thigh, before giving up for the winter.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:30 am
is it just me or is it gettin hot in here

all this shavin and showerin and plantin........

roos dont bathe all that often
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 07:44 am
TIPS ON BATHROOM PHOTOGRAPHY.

1. Ensure that there is plenty of ventilation, as steam may coat the lens, thereby blurring important detail.

2. Anyone sporting a beard above the waistline is exempt from having to submit a photo.

3. No placement advertising is allowed....e.g. Say, if one was posing for said photo, gently applying baby lotion for instance, then the makers label should be facing away from the camera.

4. If one happens to ablute in a tin bath in the kitchen, please ensure that a wide angled lens is used, so that the view includes the various surrounding implements.

Thank you.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:10 am
I always thought Id hate baths like I did as a kid but now I love them.
I agree with what everyone has said, bath to relax, shower to be quick.
Where do we stand on people who stand in a bathroom and wash, not in a bath or shower?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:16 am
I don't think I know anyone who does that, except for washing your face.

Lord E....I have 5 spatulas and 3 salad tongs hanging in my shower, along with a hand crank coffee grinder. Should those items be included as well?
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:22 am
My French poodle enjoys a warm, soapy, scented bath followed by organic shampoo, conditioner and lukewarm rinsing. Upon exiting the tub his enthusiastic and unrestrained shaking ensures anyone within 10 feet is showered thoroughly....whether they want to be or not.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:24 am
Shower, unless there's a jacuzzi to be had (after showering of course). The more powerful jets the better. There's a place in Palo Alto, CA called Watercourse Way that I miss terribly.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:24 am
Even if I had such a bathroom like Lord E (NB: I followed your advice re photographing!)

http://www.kath-leen.com/photos/the_potty_album/rowton_castle_bath.jpg

I prefer the shower.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:33 am
Both. Showers are for getting clean and baths are for relaxing. We just installed a big ol' claw footed tub this year after a decade of living with a unit the size of a wash bucket- I can actually get my knees and my boobs under water at the same time. Crank up the suds and pass the bath salts.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:37 am
hahaha that's quite a bathtub!!! i like those new bathrooms where they have a nice and big bathtub but also has like glass enclosed shower. so yes, both, but my current apt doesn't have a big bathtub so not very good for nice long relaxing baths...
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 08:46 am
Chai Tea wrote:

Lord E....I have 5 spatulas and 3 salad tongs hanging in my shower, along with a hand crank coffee grinder. Should those items be included as well?

In the shower? Really? Stainless steel, perchance?

Or they could be those new teflon thingies that.....oooh!....sorry!...I appear to have gone off!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 11:14 am
The heck with the spatulas and tongs - I've got a shower massage. It's got five speeds including rapid pulse...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:25 pm
Re: Shower or Bath?
Lord Ellpus wrote:
AAAH! Isn't it marvellous, that feeling one has when one has just had an invigorating shower!

Yes folks, it's the first of the month and that time again. Here I am, blushing pink and slightly steamy, ready for what the day has to offer.

First of all, thank you kindly for starting a thread where I don't have to worry that there's not likely to be any word fights started. Parts of this board is getting real boring.

I love showers. Always have. I find it relaxing. As a matter of fact, I do my best thinking while there. I sometimes have a "eureka moment" while dowsing myself at just the right temperature. :wink: Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:36 pm
I was in Amsterdam this weekend. I had a shower, I hurried. They timed me. I was in there 40 mins. Blame Lush.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 01:46 pm
Start to finish? In the AM, to shave, brush, shower, dress, and whatever else needs to be done, takes me 30 minutes. I can do it faster but my old bones feel like crap if I do.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:14 pm
Mark me down as another one who loves long showers. 30 minutes or until the hot water runs out. (My relatives hate me for this. Wink )

I love my whirlpool bath, too. Sadly, I don't have time for it often enough. I want at least an hour, plus candles, music, scented oils, etc.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Shower or Bath?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 04:52:03